1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook comment ban

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bassmansam, 10 Jun 2021.

1. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

Yes, for me it is way less inflammatory than this Social Media site, the anger to each other is way worse on here.
    It also has many useful Groups that have been very helpful for different things just like here.
    You also don't know how to use it.

2. Efour

Caporegime

I get banned from FB every other time i post.... Its Nonsense. Don't worry about it. If you get reported, after 3 or 4 times its just instant bans.

3. D4N

Gangster

Not Facebook, but I got banned from the Metro comments when I quoted the lyrics from the Jimmy Saville and the Sexy Kids song.

4. TurtleTwo

Hitman

Assumption is the mother of all **** ups. You should know this, being as old as you are :D

For the record, I do use FB, only for marketplace stuff, that is all, not for the social stuff. FB are too nosey about your business.

Last edited: 10 Jun 2021
  5. Jean-F

Wise Guy

Sounds like FB works for you SGF, and I’m glad that it does, I also sincerely appreciate your attempt to educate me about its virtues.
    I honestly can’t see any way that it could work to my advantage, if I need to contact friends/ family, I use email/WhatsApp.
    My wife uses FB, but it seems to me that her nieces, great-nieces, and friends overload her with useless minutiae of their days.
    One day she was upstairs, and the incoming message ding went on her phone, which was on the coffee table near me.
    She called down, “Check that message out Jean, I’m waiting to hear from Zoë about meeting for a glass of wine.”
    I picked up her phone, punched in her code numbers, and the screen was full of FB messages, e.g. “X is over the park with the kids”, “Y is at a PTA meeting at Kelly’s school”, “Z is on her way to the ante-natal clinic”, and on and on ad nauseam.
    That would drive me nuts, but I guess that your friends don’t plague you like that.

6. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

I get none of that, like I said, my mistake was joining a certain group for a laugh.

Last week my Step Mum who is 1 year older than me asked about joining Facebook but she'd heard so many bad things about it but she knew there were at least 5 Groups she would love to be part of which a friend had told her about.
    On my PC we set up a false name/picture and I showed her how to search and join a couple of them, one was embroidery and the other was knitting.
    I said nobody knows who you are, even your friend won't know who you are and you can take part in all the threads with like minded people which is basically the same as here.
    The wife was talking to her yesterday and she loves it.
    You've just got to know how to use it, this last year I've gone from 1,400 'friends' down to just above 1000 because anything I don't like (Covid hoaxes/racism) I just block them which I can't really do on here.

7. TurtleTwo

Hitman

You can block people on here, click their name and then "ignore" you will not see another post from them.

You just got to know how to use it ;)

8. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

I have done many times since 2003 but it's nowhere near the same, you see remnants so it's just easier to unignore and take no notice of them on here.
    You have to know how to use it.

9. arknor

Caporegime

it takes time to train the models though and I'm assuming they are always learning.
    AI doesn't do well with language though the AI bots they tried on twitter etc or self learning chat bots always ended up racist or wanting to destroy humankind
    I think one of the AI twitter bots went full on nazi ahh yes microsofts AI chat bot.,
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tay_(bot)
    I guess that's what happens when you use twitter too much, the echo chamber effect

Last edited: 11 Jun 2021
  10. gord

Capodecina

Practical. I was imagining the chicken group to be a gathering of insecure individuals who cluck up the courage to do something brave together.

11. Secret_Window

Soldato

I deleted my Facebook account 6 months ago. I have never been a fan of it. I only made a Facebook account to keep in touch with people who I had lost contact with, and even then I realised we had all moved on and couldn't care less about staying in touch anymore anyway.

12. GIBURROWS

Mobster

It's all about MySpace

13. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

The only problem is I see posts from people saying things like "I don't believe it, I've had a 24 hour ban for a funny picture of Hitler I posted in 2014" :)

14. dLockers

Mobster

The number 1 issue with AI is that it feeds on historical data. If enough of that historical data is polluted... well then you have a chat bot like the Tay :p

15. arknor

Caporegime

you can probably easily convince them to be racist though.

I think I saw a comment about it somewhere saying "Gender quality = feminism" as an example then tay bot be like "oh I love feminism"

lets face it these bots are using language like lego blocks.

they don't understand what the actual words really mean they were just supposed to learn to emulate a human

16. Reality|Bites

Soldato