1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook Picture question...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by londonbairn, 30 Sep 2009.

1. londonbairn

Soldato

Does anyone know if there is a Windows App where I can administer my photos?

Specifically mass detagging quickly and easily. I've been on there since it opened to UK unis and as I have a lot of my clients on there, I'd rather they didnt see me "back in the day" at uni.

Currently I blocked all tagged photos but would like people to see ones of me recently.

Thanks!

2. tres

Soldato

Keep your personal and your private lives seperate!

I'd never, ever let a client as a facebook friend. if you want them to see your photo, send a signed polaroid.

3. platypus

Caporegime

Just set your privacy settings so that no one can see a tagged photo of you.

4. uber soldat

Mobster

This, why would you ever want to add a client as a Facebook friend? :confused:

5. TheMagicPirate

Wise Guy

^ This.

Set up a second profile if you must.

6. Antar Bolaeisk

Sgarrista

This is why I don't understand people's fascination of uploading all their personal data onto the Internet, it's the complete antithesis of everything I was ever taught when first venturing out onto the big scary thing called the world wide web.

In recent years I've become less reticent about posting information about myself but I certainly do not post pictures of myself (except maybe that one time but she was very cute so it was worth it) irregardless of if it's just friends who can see my profile.

As said in the second post:

7. Aod

Sgarrista

if you're going into the professional world, it's not a terrible idea to deactivate your facebook account entirely - you never know what'll bite you in the arse later on.

8. Hamish

Mobster

Best thing to do would be to set up a limited profile in facebook settings and move all your business contacts into it. In this way you can stop them seeing your photos.

9. Firestar_3x

Caporegime

Tip 1) Don't add clients as friends
    Tip 2) Don't add your boss as a friend
    Tip 3) Don't post any dodgy pics of yourself
    Tip 4) Untag any if somone does add one
    Tip 5) Set your account to private so no-one but friends can see it
    Tip 6) Do the same for all photos and albums
    Tip 7) Enjoy Facebook

Its hardly complex.

10. bigredshark

Man of Honour

Not a bad idea if you must do it, personally I don't have colleagues or clients on facebook. My personal life isn't something they need to see.

I do use the restricted profile for family members though, can't really refuse the friend requests forever and there's plenty they don't need to know.

11. Five_Star

Wise Guy

As a non user of Facebook I have a question about being tagged in a 3rd parties photo.

If somebody takes a picture of me, uploads it, tag it with my name is there anything I can do about it?

If somebody else then searches for my name, they will be able to see these pictures of me even though I am not a user?

As I don’t have an account how would I know that the picture of me was on the site in the firstpalce, can anyone do a global search on Facebook pictures?

If I did have an account, and followed the advice of platypus so that tagged photos of me cannot be seen would it then make the photos effectively invisible to other users?

Sorry for the questions but I’m sure I’m in loads of pictures online from nights out at uni that might not show me in the best light say during an interview etc

12. Janesy B

Caporegime

13. Russinating

Capodecina

You can only tag someone you're friends with. Seeing as you're not a member, the other points are kind of void.

14. Vonhelmet

Caporegime

Facebook for fun, linkedin for business.

15. Five_Star

Wise Guy

So I'd still be in the picture, but not tagged so unsearchable? (other than tineye.com)

I do need a Facebook 101 lesson

16. Russinating

Capodecina

Yup. You can tag things/people who aren't members, but there'll be no link between that and other photos you're tagged in and it's not searchable.

17. Trifid

Sgarrista

I'm a bit meh about adding work colleagues on there. I currently only have accepted 2 people from work. I don't have anyone in my sub department (apart from one of their cats :confused: ) added...

18. Nexus

Capodecina

+1

Linkedin is great for business contacts and networking.

19. londonbairn

Soldato

It's not like that where I work...not that sort of traditional culture :) The informal way of networking where I work is how we operate. Thanks anyway, my tagged photos are blocked as per my OP, I don't need a lesson in how to conduct business....

Back to my question, are there any mass detaggers?