1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook Privacy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by G-MAN2004, 15 May 2010.

1. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

2. Apex

Suspended

19! lucky ****

i read that article as though a lot if not all was a based on someone saying that someone said that mark said this and that.

3. ChrisJSY

Soldato

Oh great, now some random text is proof?

4. Gaidin109

Mobster

There is no such thing as "Facebook Privacy", it's just a myth.

5. fidget

Hitman

Random IM chat 7 years ago.

Probably before facebook was a "proper" business.

Sorry, the press are only milking this becuase they know any story about Facebook or Twitter will result in big hits.

Last edited: 16 May 2010
  6. Gamer_T

PermaBanned

This. Kinda like the Gordon Brown moment to be honest. People say things they don't always mean and/or people take it out of context.

7. Mr Jones

Capodecina

What he said.
    When you take things out of context from what you've once said when you were young, you'll think you're a douche bag. I remember reading some saved history of MSN/Windows Messenger chat with my mates over 8 years ago (old backups), the amount of crap I use to burp out is shocking!

8. nydryl

Mobster

It's probably out of place in this thread but seeing as it's about Facebook I'll drop it in here. Read quite an interesting essay by Tom Hodgkinson a few days ago called We Want Everyone: Facebook and the New American Right. A short version of it was printed in the Guardian a couple of years ago so it's a little dated but interesting nonetheless, regardless of whether you agree or disagree with the points it's making.

Shortened version: http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/jan/14/facebook