Failed driving test :(

Associate
OP
Booked another test, he let's be honest it's possible he could have failed me on purpose. I believe my standard was good enough and if my instructor was in the car he would have said the same.

I've had enough lessons to know when I've screwed up.

Soldato
I think you need to alter your attitude a bit tbh, especially given you nearly had a rage attack with the examiner.

You drove 'perfectly' and failed. I passed my first test and I didn't think my driving was up to much.

Once you have come to the realisation that you are not gods gift to driving before you have even got a licence, then try again.
I'm not being patronising either, I'm still painfully aware that I'm not some kind of perfect driver.

Man of Honour
Perhaps you should re-evaluate your trust then, because that reason for failing just simply didn't happen, regardless of how adamant your friend is.

:confused:

How can you possibly say it didn't happen? Were you there either?

What a ludicrous post. By all means doubt the story, but don't present your opinion as fact.

EDIT - I suppose there is some obvious hypocrisy to this post.

EDIT 2 - I believe the story to be true at least.

Last edited:
Associate
I failed twice, once for 'not checking my mirror' when pulling away and second time for 'hesitation at traffic lights'. Its natural to argue your innocence and feel an injustice, but a few years down the line you'll realise the instructor was probably right to fail you.

Anyway, i passed third time with 0 minors and 0 majors :cool:

Associate
Having just checked with my father-in-law who is a driving examiner i can assure you nitefly that your friend is telling BS as there is nothing in the test paperwork that says you must ask your examiner to put their seatbelt on

Associate
I passed on my 3rd attempt in October last year having the same examiner all 3 tests and I felt sort of the same after my 1st test, I failed for not checking my rear view mirror enough when changing speed as your supposed to check it before and after you do anything eg; brake, slow down, speed up etc.

This same examiner, from my instructor seems to pass all the girls but not the boys which seemed a bit true after a girl I knew passed first time with him 2 weeks later despite hitting the kerb on some chicanes and again doing a turn in the road, although it is only a straight fail if you mount the kerb but still.

My 2nd test I messed up on a round-a-bout early on, was hesitant to join and didn't check my left wing mirror when exiting which made me angry and rush the rest of the test, as I expected I failed, just for not checking my wing mirrors enough.

When I was sat in the test centre for the 3rd time, my heart almost sank when I saw the same examiner again walk out and call my name but I quickly forgot and got focused. Needless to say, the test went excellent, I felt a lot more confident in my ability and passed with 3 minors, 2 of which was for gears and stalling (first time in any of my tests).

I started driving by myself 2 days later and feel like I've learnt way more than I ever did as a learner as at the end of the day you've still got an instructor their on hand to deal with a situation where when your on your own you don't. I feel I'm a lot more aware of my surroundings and can judge the road a lot better and other people's intentions or stupidity.

Basically, you failed, perhaps harshly but nothing you can do about it now, I felt I should have passed first time but I didn't, you've just got to pick yourself up, make sure your 100% sure on the use of your mirrors and go into your next test with a fresh mind and hopefully your pass and then the real learning begins.

Man of Honour
Having just checked with my father-in-law who is a driving examiner i can assure you nitefly that your friend is telling BS as there is nothing in the test paperwork that says you must ask your examiner to put their seatbelt on

I've been told this before by the person who failed said test. I'm not really sure if they went about appealing it or not.

I'll concede, my confidence of truth in the story is fading.

Associate
Ah sorry mate, but hey ho one less idiot on the road eh ;)

On a more serious note, just to mirror what some people have already said, you failed because you werent up to standard, simple as that really.

I failed mine twice, both times my fault entirely i just was not paying enough attention, everyone said that it was because "they have to fail 25%" blah blah...absolute rubbish, if your good enough to pass you will pass.

Better luck next time though dude.

Associate
I failed my first test, I thought the drive went great until we got back to the test centre and he told me I'd failed with 4 serious faults, when I showed my examiner the paperwork she said there was no way I could have failed on those faults and that I should possibly complain. I didn't complain and just took the fail on the chin.

Failed second test for running a red light, which in my defence was faulty, my examiner had gone through it himself that morning on the way into work, but wasn't allowed to warn me about it. Got into some small talk with him and mention that it was my second test, we started talking about it and he asked who I'd had, told him the guys name and he told me that he'd been dismissed for being far too harsh with his marking and had had too many complaints.

Got to my third test and had the examiner from my second test again, he made a lighthearted joke about red lights and I passed with just 2 minors, one was clutch control and the other was for lane disipline. Got back to the test centre and he looked at me with a grave face and said I'm sorry Mr Atwell but you've failed. I was really disappointed until he gave me the paperwork and told me I had passed. Thought he was really friendly.

Basically after hearing the first guy had been dismissed it got me thinking that maybe I should have passed my first test, but I didn't let it bother me and just got on with it.

DM

DM

Permabanned
Did you get your test sheet back highlighting which majors were marked?

The snickering is rather unprofessional. Maybe you can put forward a complaint and ensure that you get a different examiner for your next test.

Thats the last thing you want to do, you will end up with his mate failing you next time for causing a drama, its not like you can prove he smirked anyway.

Change testing centre to one your instructor hasnt fallen out with.

Soldato
Has there ever been a topic surrounded by more BS than driving tests?

"This examiner only passes girls"
"This examiner only passes boys"
"I totally failed for nothing I was driving perfect but because it was raining he had to fail me due to EU legislation"
"When I was asked to read the numberplate at the start I misread one digit but the instructor took me out for 45 minutes and then failed me at the end"
"He failed me cause another driver did something totally stupid totally not my fault I was perfect"

No, you failed because you didn't reach the standard required. I'm not sure if all the crap surrounding driving tests has anything to do with the number of teenagers that take them, who knows...

Back
Top Bottom