Fake brake discs i don't even...mintex

Caporegime
So how does one go about spotting fake brake discs these days? Was looking for some new discs for my bmw and I can't even work out what's genuine and what isn't.

Someone needs to shut these fakes down, could actually result in deaths on the road...

Soldato
You fly in to a house and die.

If it's ebay make sure it's a trusted seller and check the item location. Many will say "UK seller", but the item location is China with a long delivery time :rolleyes:

Associate
Buy from a reputable source, don't think you're going to top name brake discs for 30p, etc.
Dependent on the car you might be able to get some from Godspeed or similar.

Soldato
A lot of the EBC negativity comes from years ago when they were really not that great. I have EBC discs with Greenstuff on my little Suzuki and they are great.
To be fair I have yellow stuff pads at the minute and though they squeel at light pressure there like throwing an anchor out at medium to high pressure.
Got MTEC disks and they're good as well.

Associate
To be fair I have yellow stuff pads at the minute and though they squeel at light pressure there like throwing an anchor out at medium to high pressure.
Got MTEC disks and they're good as well.
My Yellowstuff used to do that on my old 350Z when first fitted. A track day cured that problem and they were silent from then on.

Caporegime
OP
Real discs delivered £40 from demontweaks ebay outlet

20200929-110237.jpg

Back
Top Bottom