1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fallout 3: GOTY – out yet or not?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by slipd, 25 Sep 2009.

1. slipd

Mobster

Hey guys,

I've noticed a lot of online sites showing a new fallout 3 cover (all platforms) featuring all of the expansion packs on it, indicating the goty edition is already out :confused:

Afaik, it's not due till mid October on the pc?

Any ideas?

SW.

2. AWPC

Sgarrista

13th October on PC & 360. Some PS3 DLC came out yesterday.

3. Hostile_18

Mobster

Anyone else pick this up over the weekend?

Just got it now. I realized how good it was on the PC after a few hours and waited for the GOTY edition to come out for the 360.

One of the supermarkets is selling it for 27 quid, not bad at all! :)

4. Frapple

Mobster

Didn't like the game when I first played it but will try this out now it has all the dlc with it. really loved oblivion & fallout1&2 but couldn't get into this at all.

5. bushmins

Mobster

Im fairly sure i saw it in Tesco for under £20 yesterday. I even picked it up to check, maybe they priced it up wrong or something.

6. bakes0310

Capodecina

Im gonna pick up a copy sometime soon. I already have fallout 3 but decided on not playing it untill all DLC came out onto a disc as its quite a fuss to get it to work using live account.

7. thedude23

Wise Guy

I saw it in game on friday.

8. Axil

Hitman

I'll probably pick it up when it's dropped price to what FO3 non-GOTY was selling at.

Wasn't inspired to buy it when it first came out (unlike any of the TES series or the original FO series) and having played it a bit at a mate's I'm not really impressed enough to want to buy it at an above budget price

9. Andrew_McP

Mobster

I've not quite finished the vanilla FO3 yet, and have enjoyed it immensely so far (after getting past the dull first sections, and learning to use VATS). I want all the DLC to play through at some point, so the GOTY edition seems like a bargain compared to the individual pack prices.

But I'm a bit (ok a lot :) tight-fisted, so I think I'll wait for it to hit the magic £17.99, which is where I usually crack with most game titles.

Andrew McP

10. m4cc45

Soldato

I hated it at first then replayed it and it was superb. VAT's makes everything a lot simpler. Cracking game though!

M.

11. Jokester

Don

I have a copy on my desk, got it a few days ago.

12. slipd

Mobster

I ended up pre-ordering mine from the south american river shop for £20.65. After they dispatched it, they gave me a little bit of a refund because the price had dropped :)

It hasn't arrived yet though...

13. bakes0310

Capodecina

Just ordered my copy, dont know when ill play it as ive got the following to play:

Aion
    Thirdage
    borderlands (out next week)
    dragon age (out next month)

14. Gimpymoo

Capodecina

Im waiting for it to come to STEAM, if at all.

15. Ant123

Gangster

Ordered mine for £19.47 the other day. Can't wait till it arrives :D

16. Hostile_18

Mobster

Oh yeah I should have made clear the 27 quid one was for the 360!

Great game. The first person I made though had a tash as a ten year old and looked like I'd hit every stick on the ugly tree on the way down. So ashamed I was on my disfigured ten minute past I restarted the game! haha.

Just out in the wide world now.

17. m4cc45

Soldato

Going through it again and there's so much I missed - there's loads of places (like power stations, etc.) that I never saw in the first time around. Now heading off North to Vault 87 just to see what's there as it's on my map and I've never been there.. :D

18. dunker

Mobster

i could never get near vault 87? the one north west, there was always too much radiation around it :(

19. jimmy_lazers

Gangster

I hope there's a mod to the game dynamics like OOO for oblivion. It's not long before you are invincible through level up and the way enemies respawn is a bit GTA for my liking. If I wipe out all the TALON at their base they should all die right? That and I tried to enslave everyone at MegaTon city, but couldn't :(

Last edited: 19 Oct 2009
  20. SiD the Turtle

Sgarrista

According to the FO Wiki, the rads near the entrance peak at 3000 rads/sec. Good luck :cool: