1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family just got a Range Rover 4.6 HSE

Discussion in 'Motors' started by GSDog, 11 May 2006.

1. GSDog

Soldato

Yesterday we picked up a 98' Range Rover P38 4.6 HSE. It sounds absolutely fantastic, the drive is seriously smooth, looks great, feels great - we are so pleased with it.
    We decided to all pay some towards it, so in all didn't cost each of us much. Before you all start shouting 'I hope you aint drivin it thro town!' NO, it won't be used in town. This will be used in the country, it will be used off road at times and it will be used for towing trailers etc...
    Can't wait to take this beast off road!!

It came with 1 years comprehensive warranty, had full Land Rover service history, It has been serviced every 6,000 miles.
    It had one lady owner from new, just had new tyres and tail gate fitted. I will try and get some pics up later.

Overall, we are all very happy with it, can't believe how nice this baby sounds and how smooth the drive is. We don't care if the patrol is going to cost much as we are all paying towards the patrol prices and this will probably be doing less than 10k miles a year. I might do the odd trip to the lake district or something, but other than that it will be used around the country side.

If anyone is thinking of getting one of these, it is great for the price - but only if you are using it in the countryside, don't buy of these for the town!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 12 May 2006
  2. TaKeN

Capodecina

How much does it cost to fill up with fuel ? :)

3. GSDog

Soldato

We don't know yet! Only been driving it for about 3 hours, haven't checked the fuel gauge. So far this is the only bad thing I can think of, fuel prices. I expect they will rise soon as well. :(

4. 50/50

PermaBanned

I think this was in a episode of top gear. gets around 10mpg in town... owch

5. Nathan

Mobster

easy to convert to gas though these :)

6. james.miller

Capodecina

dont they have a habbit of mincing air suspensions?, or is that the vogue LSE? i know my mate had mega trouble with his.

edit, it IS the vogue, sorry lol.

7. GSDog

Soldato

With Jeremy clarkson at the wheel, yeah! :D
    We don't really mind about the costs in petrol, It's well worth it to have so much fun in this beast.

I will get some pics up in a few hours, the interior is lovely too, almost like new.
    I will let you guess how much the car cost when the pics are up.

8. Replicant

Hitman

Yet you have the new sport model in your sig worth 3 times the price, got any pics here bud :p

9. Joe T

Capodecina

My old man has the same engine, but in something half the weight (and its tuned too)... ;)

10. zain

Mobster

Do a 0-60 (if its automatic use sport mode) and tell me if its quicker than 17 seconds lol

All I have is bad commentary on RR and FL and LRs services as a whole so I will hush, and gratz :) Hope you enjoy!

11. FakeSnake

Wise Guy

why would it not be quicker than 17secs?

12. Matt82

Capodecina

i wouldnt chance it lol

13. saitrix

Sgarrista

Should be 0-60 in about 9 to 9.5 seconds. Not bad at all for the size of the thing. :)

14. zain

Mobster

Are you taking the pee one five five? :/ I got the figure from a test it was 17 seconds lol. It has its fast moments at random points, meh its by LR what can you expect I guess

15. saitrix

Sgarrista

Just quoting the parkers figure for the said model.

16. FakeSnake

Wise Guy

Then my guess is you were driving it wrong :p

17. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

It's considerably quicker than that, even the lethargic 2.5 diesel is quicker than 17 seconds.

9.5 sounds about correct.

18. TripleT

Sgarrista

Pretty sure it would be 10sec to 60mph max...

But anyway these aren't about 0-60mph sprints. They're armchairs on wheels :cool:

19. FakeSnake

Wise Guy

hehe mines a bit of both ;)

20. Conanius

Capodecina

ill vouch for that :) id imagine with an engine like it has, 0-60 in 10 should be pretty attainable