Family just got a Range Rover 4.6 HSE

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
It's considerably quicker than that, even the lethargic 2.5 diesel is quicker than 17 seconds.

9.5 sounds about correct.

Well all I know is I sat there and timed it, its a 4.6 HSE and it took just under 17 seconds. But, like many LR vehicles I guess its just fuxed. At certain points it does get the odd speed boast, meh.

It aint about speed though yeah, its a comfy ride on a long cruise whether you are the driver or the front/back passenger. The steering wheel is also surprisingly light.

Always leave it on the motorway thingy that pushes it up a bit, I cant remember why but meh.

Soldato
Hope you checked for the cracked block (waterways), its absolutely rife on the 4.6s around that age, also means it'll need a new engine soon enough if it hasnt been sorted.

We got rid of ours for that exact reason, just picked up a 54 plate RR Vogue 4.4 V8 to replace it, might post pics if people are interested :cool:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Burned_Alive said:
We got rid of ours for that exact reason, just picked up a 54 plate RR Vogue 4.4 V8 to replace it, might post pics if people are interested :cool:

Is this the same as the 4.4 V8 in the BMW 540i and 740i?

Soldato
the OP's 4.6 is an enlarged BL (buick wasnt it?) jobbie.

the 4.4 is from BM. same as whats also in to X5.

in the X5, i think it gets you to 60 about 2 seconds quicker isnt it?

Soldato
OP
Burned_Alive said:
Hope you checked for the cracked block (waterways), its absolutely rife on the 4.6s around that age, also means it'll need a new engine soon enough if it hasnt been sorted.

Yeah I heard about that, looks fine at the moment. Has 1 year warranty - this think was a serious bargain! I will let you guess the price later on when I finally get some pics up - came home too late last night to do it.

zain said:
Well all I know is I sat there and timed it, its a 4.6 HSE and it took just under 17 seconds. But, like many LR vehicles I guess its just fuxed. At certain points it does get the odd speed boast, meh.

You are kidding? What on earth were you driving?

We got to 0-60 in 9.4 secs last night, in sport mode... :D

The sound this thing makes is.... insane! Honestly, I wish you guys could hear it in sport mode, It has to be one of the best sounding cars I have heard in a long time.

Associate
Zildjian said:
You are kidding? What on earth were you driving?

We got to 0-60 in 9.4 secs last night, in sport mode... :D

The sound this thing makes is.... insane! Honestly, I wish you guys could hear it in sport mode, It has to be one of the best sounding cars I have heard in a long time.

Not quite WHAT was he driving, but HOW he was driving it!

Not a big fan of the RR to be honest, but there certainly IS something about the V8 that raises hairs on the back of my neck.

Ps. mine sounds better :p

Associate
custom1 said:
Just been looking at these motors and then headed over to the overfinch website, and found this video Clicky an Overfinched Range Rover V's a Merc SLK.

Just watched that video (cant watch at work) and DAMN thats expensive.. 50k PLUS the original 60k for the RR... and FOR WHAT????
2 extra seats, a few interior toys, different wheels and a modified RR engine.
Un Be Leivable, ok so its about 3sec quicker to 60 than the base RR, but, and it is a but, 380bhp and it only manages 7.1 to 60...

Sheesh, I am glad I went for the Jeep and not the RR

Soldato
OP
We just put £74 in, and it already had £15 in from earlier. I expect it will cost around £90 to fill her up. We are clocking the miles to see how far she does with a full tank. According to the trip computer thing it averages 15mpg so far.

Back
Top Bottom