fan advise

Associate
hay people hows it going? so i need some advice re my case and fans and what fans are good.
i have 'be quiet pure base 500' which has the two fans that came with it one as intake and one as out-take. my cpu cooler is 'be quiet dark rock 4'

so what i want to do is use the two stock fans to pull heat out the top and have three fans at the front to pull the air in. question is what fans are good for this? should i consider using a 3 fan aio cpu cooler to pull air in??

as always any help and advise most welcome :D

Permabanned
There are plenty of fans around you could use, and no doubt peeps here can come up with some great value fans, but you can buy more of those case fans, the pure wings 2 I believe, either in three or four pin, 140mm or 120mm, so at least for consistency you could get more of those.

Soldato
Do you want quieter fans, or can you tolerate a bit of noise in order to get high performance?
What sort of budget are you looking at?

Generally I'd suggest 140s, as bigger fans turning slower make less noise and move more air than smaller fans spinning faster.
However, there are more options in the 120mm range, especially if you decide to go watercooled later on.

Associate
OP
140s are fine don't mind a little noise but quiet is better not sure on budget Ifni have an idea what fans are best I can keep an eye out on black Friday lol

Associate
Get Arctic P12, the value pack is probably the best bang for your buck you can get. They're really good performers, typically very close to the insanely priced Noctua A12x25s and a 5 pack of the P12s cost almost the same as single Noctua.

One thing to note about the P12 is they have quite a distinct motor hum sound at around 1000rpm, so if you do get them then set the fan curve either a tiny bit above or below 1000rpm to avoid the hum.

Associate
Get Arctic P12, the value pack is probably the best bang for your buck you can get. They're really good performers, typically very close to the insanely priced Noctua A12x25s and a 5 pack of the P12s cost almost the same as single Noctua.

One thing to note about the P12 is they have quite a distinct motor hum sound at around 1000rpm, so if you do get them then set the fan curve either a tiny bit above or below 1000rpm to avoid the hum.

Depending on your hearing it can be really irritating, especially if they're top mounted.

Back
Top Bottom