Fan Layout Question

Associate
Hi,

Planning on doing a new build when Intel 10th gen CPUs come out and was thinking about my case choice.
I quite like the Phanteks Enthoo 719 but I have a question about fan layout.

It can take fans in the front or the side, but would having fans on both the front and the side improve cooling or would it just muddle the airflow? If it would, where would the best place for intake fans be? At the front or the side?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phanteks-enthoo-719-full-tower-drgb-case-black-ca-09d-pt.html

Thanks!

Soldato
I can't see where the side fans would go?

Anyway there is no right or wrong answer, personally I'd be tempted not to bother at all with side fans, keep the airflow going one way through and they make taking the side of your case off more of a pain.

Associate
OP
Okay, thanks.

Fans can be located on the side of the case near the front - where the grilled part is on the side of the case in the third picture on the Overclocker's website page.

I probably will just stick with front fans however.

Soldato
The side intake requires the removal of the hard drive holders and is primarily intended for use with a watercooling radiator.
You have options for front, side, top , bottom and rear fans. This is one awesome case and I kinda wish it had been available when I bought the Luxe (essentially version 1 of this).

If you're not watercooling, I'd suggest keeping the airflow moving in a straight line- Use the front fans as intakes, bottom and rear as exhausts. Top could go either way, really. I'd probably try that as an intake, see how it runs.

Back
Top Bottom