Fan Recommendations please

Associate
I am trying to work out how to reduce CPU temp in my case and have decided I need to purchase a new case fan and CPU fan (at least).

I have a 3.0Ghz Prescott P4 (not overclocked)
Coolermaster Centurion 530 case with 120mm intake fan.
80mm exhaust fan
Standard Intel P4 fan that comes in retail boxed CPU.

Now when I leave my PC off for a few hours then switch it on the CPU temp can be as low as 45C but within minutes this is up to around 65C. The longer its on the hotter it gets. It was much worse but the new case helped a bit.

I have posted something similar and as a result I have purchased some Arctic Silver 5 (although not used it yet) and am now about to order case and CPU fans.

I was looking at either the Akasa Amber or the YS Tech 120mm fans and wondered if there is any real difference (about same price). Also not really sure what CPU fan to go for, looked at Arctic Cooling Freezer 4 but not really sure. Price is a factor (looking at about 10er for fan and 20 for CPU fan).

Any comments appreciated. Also I would be interested to know what temp people think my system should be running at (obviously this depends on other factors such as airflow, ambient temp, etc but any comments again welcomed as curios) as when I try to convert avi to VCD or some similar video task it can goto above 80C which is obviously VERY high.

Well rant over and any comments appreciated, thanks.

Associate
Ok yea the Arctic Cooling is always a good choice, especially for the money. And yes get an Akasa Amber, I have one as my exhaust/radiator fan and its sweet. Got it for £6 almost new as well :) It pushes a lot of air for the noise and is very under-voltable...

Associate
i have the coolermaster centurion 532 (essentially the same as the 530), I have a 120mm at the front, a 120mm akasa amber at the back which works well. If you want more cooling say for the gfx card you can mount an 80mm fan on the side panel at the grill using a few cable ties.

Back
Top Bottom