Fantasy Premier League 22/23 is GO!! ** SPOILERS** LEAGUE RENEWED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don
It's never been allowed but people have continually ignored the rules. The forum has very clear and long standing rules around spoilers but for some reason people believe they don't apply in this thread.

Underboss
How does this thread differ from the 'GreenLizardo' match day thread then?

People talk about the score as it happens, long before it's shown on MOTD?

Soldato
It's never been allowed but people have continually ignored the rules. The forum has very clear and long standing rules around spoilers but for some reason people believe they don't apply in this thread.
Well tbf the games have happened, every media in the outlet has posted scores,goal scorers etc

You take the risk coming into this thread of even the normal weekend threads knowing something maybe revealed you don't want to know yet

Seems abit daft to suddenly enforce something you have pretty much said had been let go for years in this thread anyway I know spoilers enforced in movie/TV shows topics which makes sense

Spoilers I get but come on in a football match some one will score it's a given (excluding draws ovs) it happens this isn't a major movie or TV series story spoiler

Don
I'm not sure what you don't understand regarding spoilers rules Mark? The forum rules are that no discussion about matches are allowed outside the dedicated spoiler threads until after MOTD is shown. I appreciate that not many people wait for MOTD anymore to find out the score etc but those are the rules that are in place and they were reviewed around a year or so ago and the decision from the mod team were that they will stay in place.
How does this thread differ from the 'GreenLizardo' match day thread then?

People talk about the score as it happens, long before it's shown on MOTD?
That's the dedicated spoiler thread :confused:

Underboss
So the long standing rules apply unless it's a 'dedicated spoiler' thread, where it's fine?

Can't you just make this a FF 'dedicated spoiler' thread then?

Don
So the long standing rules apply unless it's a 'dedicated spoiler' thread, where it's fine?

Can't you just make this a FF 'dedicated spoiler' thread then?
First question, yes. The whole point of the spoiler thread is so people can discuss the games as they're happening.

Second question, I can raise this with the rest of the mod team again but I suspect the answer will remain no. The main reason why the rule wasn't changed when it was raised last time was because we didn't want discussions around the same things in multiple threads. I will ask again though but until anything changes these are the rules in place.

Soldato
I'm not sure what you don't understand regarding spoilers rules Mark? The forum rules are that no discussion about matches are allowed outside the dedicated spoiler threads until after MOTD is shown. I appreciate that not many people wait for MOTD anymore to find out the score etc but those are the rules that are in place and they were reviewed around a year or so ago and the decision from the mod team were that they will stay in place.

That's the dedicated spoiler thread :confused:
I understand spoilers but as pointed out above we literally have weekend threads for every match every weekend or mid week.

Also fantasy football updates during the game itself? So again if your doing this your likely to know anyway

As I said spoiler rule itself makes perfect sense for the movie/TV show. Hell if I'm in middle of a season or behind an episode I ignore any topics on it to avoid it known as common sense

Bit random to suddenly start enforcing in in this type of topic when it's not been done for years again I exclude the movie/TV show threads as it's ALWAYS been enforced there

Anyway I've said my peace I'll follow it of course and I know your only doing as instructed

Don
I understand spoilers but as pointed out above we literally have weekend threads for every match every weekend or mid week...
Read my reply to Josh above. They've not only just been enforced either. I have always enforced them as and when I've seen the rule breask. When I've not noticed the spoiler until after MOTD has been shown I've not bothered deleting the offending posts as they're no longer a spoiler.

Soldato
Read my reply to Josh above. They've not only just been enforced either. I have always enforced them as and when I've seen the rule breask. When I've not noticed the spoiler until after MOTD has been shown I've not bothered deleting the offending posts as they're no longer a spoiler.
Like I said I've said my peace, I know for a fact I've posted stuff in these threads before motd airs over the years

Mostly cause tbh I don't watch motd.

Don
Like I said I've said my peace, I know for a fact I've posted stuff in these threads before motd airs over the years

Mostly cause tbh I don't watch motd.
I know you have and I know others have to but as I've said, that was against the rules and I've always deleted those posts when I've noticed them prior to MOTD. I'm happy to go back and take retrospective action if you want Mark - the rules at the top of FS do state that you can be suspended for posting spoilers. How long would you like? :p

Soldato
I know you have and I know others have to but as I've said, that was against the rules and I've always deleted those posts when I've noticed them prior to MOTD. I'm happy to go back and take retrospective action if you want Mark - the rules at the top of FS do state that you can be suspended for posting spoilers. How long would you like? :p
You'd miss me too much so that wouldn't achieve anything ;)

Don
I'm busy this week Mark so I wouldn't notice. Anyway, I've just asked whether we could add "spoilers" to the title and allow limited spoiler chat in here (in other words not general game chat, only specific to FF) - I'll let you know what the powers decide. Until then, no spoilers.

Don
Ok, providing comments are kept to just fantasy football issues and not general chat about matches then you can post spoilers in here.

Associate
We're only two weeks in and I already hate this game. Poor performance for the first two weeks, with only Salah captain GW1 saving me, has led to an early wildcard. Can't decide whether to go Son + Mitrovic or Werner + 5.6 mid. The former seems like the better pick long term, but after having Werner for the first two gameweeks I'm worried about being punished for not having him against West Brom.

EDIT: spelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom