FAO Lopez

Permabanned
Well we can't answer your questions; I (and I'm sure the others here) have no information pertaining to Australian rules and regulations. Google for an Australian rally forum.

*n

Soldato
Zip said:
I dont go on any Australian forums so this will have to do :)

This is an interesting thread, and I don't mean to appear nasty, but surely the purpose of posting is to obtain rallying information for yourself, in which case (as stated) you'd be better going to look for information in the right place, rather than asking here because you're already a member?

Zip

Zip

Soldato
OP
Kingy said:
This is an interesting thread, and I don't mean to appear nasty, but surely the purpose of posting is to obtain rallying information for yourself, in which case (as stated) you'd be better going to look for information in the right place, rather than asking here because you're already a member?

Im mainly asking here because its more of the basics i need.
The rules i dont really need to know to much because i know where i can get those from.
The rest is usally due to first hand experiance and i know some people on here do rallying

Soldato
Zip said:
Im mainly asking here because its more of the basics i need.
The rules i dont really need to know to much because i know where i can get those from.
The rest is usally due to first hand experiance and i know some people on here do rallying

Ok, you ask about rules, who here is likely to know aussie rules?

You ask about costs, who here is loikely to know A. What the costs are in Oz or has modified an Oz car for rallying?

Your thread is vague and inspecific, and seems as though litle thought has gone into the question or the implications of the responses...

If I was cynical, I would say it was started on a whim, just for starting a threads sake, but in this case I would say it was just started with little planning.. something you will need a lot of if you are gonna compete in motorsport

I suggest you contact the Oz motorsport authorites about local rallies, and try to attend and ask questions as a first port of call... google as above suggested and then ask questions ina forum, probably one more related to what you are gonna do.. as the costs for a Corsa are substantially different to those of a subaru impreza...

;)

Zip

Zip

Soldato
OP
Dr Who said:
Ok, you ask about rules, who here is likely to know aussie rules?

You ask about costs, who here is loikely to know A. What the costs are in Oz or has modified an Oz car for rallying?

Your thread is vague and inspecific, and seems as though litle thought has gone into the question or the implications of the responses...

If I was cynical, I would say it was started on a whim, just for starting a threads sake, but in this case I would say it was just started with little planning.. something you will need a lot of if you are gonna compete in motorsport

I suggest you contact the Oz motorsport authorites about local rallies, and try to attend and ask questions as a first port of call... google as above suggested and then ask questions ina forum, probably one more related to what you are gonna do.. as the costs for a Corsa are substantially different to those of a subaru impreza...

;)

I started this thread when i had know sleep so that really wouldnt have helped my wording and i cant write what im trying to at the best of times :o

Soldato
penski said:
No - he means dogbox :)

Zip - straight-cut gears make a whining, shreaking noise. Dog-engagement is a definite *CLUNK*.

*n

Oh right, have you played Need For Speed Most Wanted? If you have, you know the M3 GTR you get at the beginning does that have straight cut gears because it sounds like it whines and shreaks a bit.

Permabanned
Enfield said:
Oh right, have you played Need For Speed Most Wanted? If you have, you know the M3 GTR you get at the beginning does that have straight cut gears because it sounds like it whines and shreaks a bit.

I haven't but I trust the technical accuracy of the Need For Speed series about as far as I could comfortably spit a rat.

*n

Zip

Zip

Soldato
OP
penski said:
I haven't but I trust the technical accuracy of the Need For Speed series about as far as I could comfortably spit a rat.

*n

I would like to see you spit a rat :D

Edit: Because of this thread and penski i now know what a dog box is :)

Soldato
Dogbreath said:
The aim is to solve various types of navigational clues to get to waypoints within a certain time limit, so the skill of the navigator is probably more important than the driver.
Nope that's a scatter rally, no fixed route, map refs only. 12 car is a fixed go as fast as you can job.
I'm sure this poster has asked before about this, not much we can advise on as far as the oz rallying scene goes. Best advice is start basic, only do to the car what is required for safety.

Back
Top Bottom