FAO: Matt100 - W810i Release Date?

Soldato
roboffer said:
o2 shop in Newcastle had these on display so im assuming they were available, and the t-mobile shop said they should have the mnext week

Ooh! Time to head around to 02 shop and have a gander. Although there is 3 02 shops, hope they all have them :p

BeatMaster :D

Soldato
BeatMaster said:
Ooh! Time to head around to 02 shop and have a gander. Although there is 3 02 shops, hope they all have them :p

Think it was one inside Eldon Square.

Just got off the phone from o2 online as I am currently with them.

They will have them Tuesday, and have offered me free upgrade with 200 mins and 100 texts for £15 a month which Im thinking about taking, as I hardly use my phone at the moment.

A toss up between that, and the Flex 35 TMobile one.

Really puts me off having to sign up for 18 months, and the hassle of changing over.

Soldato
roboffer said:
Think it was one inside Eldon Square.

Just got off the phone from o2 online as I am currently with them.

They will have them Tuesday, and have offered me free upgrade with 200 mins and 100 texts for £15 a month which Im thinking about taking, as I hardly use my phone at the moment.

A toss up between that, and the Flex 35 TMobile one.

Really puts me off having to sign up for 18 months, and the hassle of changing over.

That would be ideal for me on 02 @ £15 a month. Cheapest I can see on their site is £30 a month though for that?

18 months is an age, although its a good contract so not so bad :)

Soldato
went in to ask about this on flext, girl had no idea when it was coming in :( hope its soon! dont wanna hang around with crap phone for too long! failing that will go to o2!

Soldato
Xpander said:
What I don't get is why are SE decided not to provide a cover for the camera. Much like the W900, I'm afraid of getting it scratched whilst in my pocket.

I was speaking to the Sony Rep and he said that it is made of scratchproof glass (or plastic I forgot), but obviously you cant purposefully scrape it against gravel and not expect scratches. Its because in many peoples pockets the lense opened and caused problems in the past.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Kappa said:
I was speaking to the Sony Rep and he said that it is made of scratchproof glass (or plastic I forgot), but obviously you cant purposefully scrape it against gravel and not expect scratches. Its because in many peoples pockets the lense opened and caused problems in the past.
Funny thing is the Sony rep I talked to said it was scratch resistant not scratch proof. :o

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Kappa said:
lol, i think he might have said that, in my little dictionary (i.e. my head, those 2 words mean the same thing)
Ah ok, I didn't want to seem pedantic, just imo there's a big difference between the two :p

Soldato
lol no problem, to me scratchproof means resistant to scratches....hence scratch resistant. In any case, I've never had any problems with a phone with a lense which wasnt covered, especially my 903

Soldato
Wicked mate! Looks like i'll be giving Vodafone upgrades a call tommorow... I hope they sort a good tariff for me else I'll threaten to take my 5 years of loyal business elsewhere lol (Not that they'll probably care! :D)

Soldato
BeatMaster said:
That would be ideal for me on 02 @ £15 a month. Cheapest I can see on their site is £30 a month though for that?

18 months is an age, although its a good contract so not so bad :)

Thats what they offered me to stay with them, as otherwise Id be leaving for T-Mobile so will be ringing them back on Tues to sort it out. The o2 was only 12 months, T-Mobile was 18.

Soldato
Xpander said:
Wait till you get the phone from Vodafone. It's ugly as sin and you won't believe what rubbish they've put on it!

what do you mean? All thats different is the icons and the fact theres a live button which you can change to what you want. :confused: :confused:

I know its a bit extra from OEM, but I expect all other networks do the same or worse...

Vodafone don't seem to r*p* SE phones as much as other networkds do

Soldato
If its just the icons surely you can just change the theme?

I like the Vodafone button on mine as I can use it to get the footie scores!

Is it Vodafone badged on the shell?

Back
Top Bottom