FAO: Matt100 - W810i Release Date?

Soldato
Hmm, I wont be getting from the store as they dont do the same deals I dont think?

Im gonna try for 500 texts + 300 mins for £30 a month, if i've been with them 5 years, and always had bills over £40 a month surely they should let me! :D

If not O2 will.

Soldato
roboffer said:
Think it was one inside Eldon Square.

Just got off the phone from o2 online as I am currently with them.

They will have them Tuesday, and have offered me free upgrade with 200 mins and 100 texts for £15 a month which Im thinking about taking, as I hardly use my phone at the moment.

A toss up between that, and the Flex 35 TMobile one.

Really puts me off having to sign up for 18 months, and the hassle of changing over.

Is o2 online different from normal o2? I phoned up o2 last week and they said I'd have to pay 99.99 for the upgrade! I currently spend an average of 25 a month.

Did you say anything to get them to give you it for free at 15 a month? That is crazily cheap!

Soldato
nero120 said:
Is o2 online different from normal o2? I phoned up o2 last week and they said I'd have to pay 99.99 for the upgrade! I currently spend an average of 25 a month.

Did you say anything to get them to give you it for free at 15 a month? That is crazily cheap!
O2 online is different to O2 retail which seems odd to me. The retail customers get a poor deal imo... or if you want to be more of an optimist the online customers get a much better deal!

EDIT- OT Question for Haly- do you talk to customers in "phone shop speak" yet? I went to buy a phone yesterday and I couldn't understand a word they were saying! "S3595783875i K775ptf Z72789394827uiu....." "Stop saying random numbers and letters at me I want a fancy looking slidey phone... is that too much to ask?!?!?!" :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I got mine at last!

hurrah!

I have to say I'm very impressed with the screen, much much brighter than my w800, even better than my w900 imho.

Got a couple of sets of MDS-70 to go with it too so should be fun setting that up tonight.

Soldato
So its a hit with everyone then? I want one :D

My contract renewel is up in october for me to sign for the 3rd year. Had a D500 then upgraded for a D600 when I signed for my first renewel.

Do you have to pay extra if I wanted an upgrade now? Like a £xxx excess?

End of april would be 6 months since I had my last upgrade...

I know I can get a free upgrade when I renew my contract in October, but can I get one now with a charge?

o2 250, £35 / month, is the contract im on atm. Great for me. o2 always get the £35+ from me every month without fail, hope they class me as a loyal customer :p

Soldato
The thing you could try, is pay off the remainder of your contract, switch to the lowest tariff, then a couple of days later call and pay off the remaining months, take out new tariff/deal :)

Soldato
Hm...

So get shot of this Tariff Ive got now, which will cost me £245 (7 monthly bills left @ £35 each) ?

Get the lowest Tariff I can get with the W810i as free, then pay that off?

Then get a sim only contract of my choice for 12 months etc ?

Is that what you mean?

Soldato
Nah mate, what I mean is;

Switch your current tariff to say a £15 a month one, then leave it a few days...Then call up and say you'd like to pay off the rest of the contract to take out a new one, at say £35 a month.

So hopefully you'll then get the W810i free on a new 12 month contract.

Soldato
Ah ok. I get ya. Switching to a lower contract then paying it off will save me a bit of money. I see. Say the £19 p/month contract which to pay it off will cost me £133 instead of £245. Then I sign back up for my £35 p/month contract with a W810i.

I would rather try and get an upgrade now on my current contract if I have to pay like a £100 excess charge though. Can get £100 for my L7 SLVR which Im using now with my contract sim, as my D600 got robbed, couldnt claim on the insurance so I got a pay as you go phone you see. o2 know that the D600 got robbed and sent me a new sim out. I dont think that this would be a problem.

Soldato
nero120 said:

Thats what the woman said, although I wont believe them until I place the order.

Soldato
Spoke to o2 this morning, no sign of the phones yet so they told me to ring back next week. They have the 200 mins/100 texts noted against my account and ready to activate once the phones come in.

And as a gesture of goodwill, due to me having to wait for the phone, they have given me a months free line rental. Yes, thats right. o2 customer service did a good job. Whats the world coming to??

Soldato
roboffer said:
Spoke to o2 this morning, no sign of the phones yet so they told me to ring back next week. They have the 200 mins/100 texts noted against my account and ready to activate once the phones come in.

And as a gesture of goodwill, due to me having to wait for the phone, they have given me a months free line rental. Yes, thats right. o2 customer service did a good job. Whats the world coming to??

What the!!! im after a much higher contract than that.. lol and atm im paying £55+ a month.. lol

they told me to ring back also

wait till i do!! ooooooooo i want free stuff :(

olv

olv

Soldato
Available on Orange today it seems.

Considering one as an upgrade in a couple of weeks. Seem like nice phones.

I fancied another clamshell but no decent phones out atm.

How sturdy are SE phones, never had one before and my phones tend to get a lot of abuse.

Back
Top Bottom