Fao Mos

Associate
Originally posted by adwhitworth
I say we get a slacking don to move this up to TOSAH eventually :D

I have just been down to the local farm and plugged my laptop into Cows, Pigs, Peacocks etc etc in to it and configured them all. I can even control them remotely with AnimalQ:D

so team lamp chop really are a bunch of farmers :eek:

and is that why the guy in the film with vinnie jones and brad pitt goes on about why you should keep a pig farm, because he used em for seti!!! :eek:

:D

Soldato
Well, the goat mod has been quite succesful and it's dumping all over the place.... a little messy at times but my new ScooperMaster woo shovel works a treat.
I've moved onto a new cat now, which was quite an expensive purchase considering its fancy LEyeDs.
However, this one runs even hotter than the goat, and I had to pin it down to stop it moving about too much....

raven.gif

Last edited:
Soldato
Originally posted by Augmented
Well, the goat mod has been quite succesful and it's dumping all over the place.... a little messy at times but my new ScooperMaster woo shovel works a treat.
I've moved onto a new cat now, which was quite an expensive purchase considering its fancy LEyeDs.
However, this one runs even hotter than the goat, and I had to pin it down to stop it moving about too much....

raven.gif

OMG!!!! thats ace man! :) nice work there as well

Last edited:
Associate
I think that I need your help people.

Have been trying to get this up and crunching but its just not working, can anyone help with an appropriate mod?

Ta

aardvark.jpg

Soldato
Originally posted by FoxyLady
I think that I need your help people.

Have been trying to get this up and crunching but its just not working, can anyone help with an appropriate mod?

Ta

Ahhh, the noble aardvark. It's a fine figure of a creature, quite feisty at times, but when it gets going you really can't stop it. This is one of the problems I believe you may encounter; it gets quite excited by the whole SETI experience and may burn itself out. You will have to invest in some superior cooling for this one. Attachments and cabling, as we're all unfortunately finding with the many variations of crunchermalia, is really a trial and error thing.
Funny you should mention it actually...

AaardCrunchProg.gif

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Has anyone got worms to work? They support hyperthreading nicely as they continue to work nicely when you chopem up into bits?

I can't get the CLI to download a WU - gives winsock error - and the GUI (sorry, but I was desperate as a last effort) just gives "page fault" errors.

Should have probably started with something smaller though - they escaped and ate salford!

worms1.jpg

M.

p.s. Augmented - I found this chap walking around, looked a bit dazed - may have come loose - you should be using the ones with the 3 prongs on each side - or the ones with the bolts through the motherboard.

armadillo_blinking_md_wht.gif

Soldato
Originally posted by Mandex001
Right so if Worms can crunch seti does this mean Dogs and Cats are treated like Multi CPU'ed crunchers?

Afraid not. Dogs and cats can only handle one woo at a time.

I like your worms matey. Just remember there is a delicate balance to achieve. If you chop them up, they will indeed support hyperthreading, but if you chop one of the bits up too small, it'll crunch seti slower than an ant:eek: :eek: :D

I spent ages trying to install seti on me trusty old ant. Unfortunately, I think i chipped the core when installing the heatsink. My hand just slipped a bit, there was a squelch, and now my termite is a different shape and is covered in this funny red thermal paste :confused:

ps, this thread is NOT gonna die
;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Originally posted by kaiowas
Although many furry mammals might :eek:

And even more non-furry - not mammaly creatures :) :p :D

Anyway. What do people think of my ant? Did i chip the core? I'd hate to have to find a replacement.

Oh, its been 3 days since the accident, and hes starting to smell a little. What is going on here :confused:

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Originally posted by wasc
And even more non-furry - not mammaly creatures :) :p :D

Anyway. What do people think of my ant? Did i chip the core? I'd hate to have to find a replacement.

Oh, its been 3 days since the accident, and hes starting to smell a little. What is going on here :confused:

Try termites - much more productive and don't bother about killing everything else in sight - they just get on with it. My mate MarkL gets millions of WU's a week out of his termite hills in Longsight Manchester - but Berkeley keep removing them for cheating as the blighters all like doing the same as each other - so they get one WU downloaded and then all try to return it 10,000,000 times.

Bloody quick though.

M.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Originally posted by adwhitworth
Ah, you are all forgetting the trusty cheetah. Fast and has the looks of a naked board:D

Comes pre-overclocked with 4 HT processors installed:D

As a watercooling bloke - how much water wetter should you put in dolphins to keep them cool and stop them furring up?

M.

Back
Top Bottom