FAO those who have trouble spelling.

Soldato
I'm willing to bet everyone who has contributed to this thread has checked their spelling in word before posting, or at least had a casual glance themselves to double check it ;)

One of the main problems I think we have today with students leaving secondary education is the fact that spelling and grammar are no longer seen as important as they use to be. Students can get away with spelling badly in exams, even in English examinations, it's shocking! I'm fairly sure that you can't actually lose marks now in certain exams if you have bad spelling, surely that's just wrong! :eek: especially if the subject is ENGLISH! :eek:

I spent 6 years in remedial (thick people's class) as I was partially deaf when I was a child, I had trouble reading and writing. It simply wasn't acceptable for my spelling to be bad back then, in the 80s a child with poor spelling had to bring it up to scratch, these days the teachers seem to have other things to focus on. I doubt it's pupil or teacher error, chances are it's the system which is so biased towards statistics which can be handed out to journalists!

Last edited:

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Kami said:
I'm willing to bet everyone who has contributed to this thread has checked their spelling in word before posting, or at least had a casual glance themselves to double check it ;)

I have to re-read my posts anyway, once before I submit and once after. :o I'm hellish at typing but I do it very quickly. I'll often transpose words or use the wrong one. I often think about something else while I type which can make for some pretty embarrassing slips. If we could track ninja edits I'm sure I'd be streaks ahead.

Back
Top Bottom