FAQ/marketplace not working

Associate
Hey all,

it’s been awhile since I’ve built a PC so I’m back to get some advice.

However for some reason a lot is locked out for me. I can’t see a marketplace/for sales section and clicking on the FAQ here just takes me to my profile account. I can’t see any of the contact overclockers customer service sections as just marked as private. Anyone please advise? Many thanks.

Man of Honour
You don't have enough posts for the marketplace and the customer service bits are locked out for all users so you can only see your own posts. Not sure about the FAQ issue.

Soldato
I'm pretty sure the 1000 posts restrictions was a fairly recent thing in the grand scheme. I can't find anything on it, but I think there was a lower threshold for accounts older than a certain age.

I think it was something down the lines of over 8 or so years and 200 posts or more, but not sure if you needed 200 posts at that point or if it is retrospective. I've certainly seen members with less that 1k posts in the MM.

May be worth asking a mod.

Soldato
It was a joke.
I was not being serious, I will never get near 1,000 posts and even if I did, I would not buy second hand stuff anyway

Why on earth not?

The majority of sellers and users of this forum are enthusiasts and the hardware gets looked after very well. We know what to ask for and look for when taking interest in parts and posts. I've bought and sold over 200 items and only ever had 1 issue.

I've had CPUs, GPUs, Motherboards, SSDs, keyboards, Mice and bought my IPS monitor from there too. It's a great way to make a saving if you want an upgrade. Not buying 2nd hand is just narrow minded (IMO), unless you're after something quite specific.

Associate
Why on earth not?

The majority of sellers and users of this forum are enthusiasts and the hardware gets looked after very well. We know what to ask for and look for when taking interest in parts and posts. I've bought and sold over 200 items and only ever had 1 issue.

I've had CPUs, GPUs, Motherboards, SSDs, keyboards, Mice and bought my IPS monitor from there too. It's a great way to make a saving if you want an upgrade. Not buying 2nd hand is just narrow minded (IMO), unless you're after something quite specific.

I have not bought anything 2nd hand before, except cars and motorbikes.
I have to say, I maybe did write that in haste last night, when I got told off for being a bad boy and writing naughty things on this post, and getting a good price on a pc component that sits inside a case is not a bad idea.

Back
Top Bottom