Far Cry 2 - Is It Me...

Associate
OP
It could have been so much more. Good idea, bad execution.

Yep... that's the one. Was looking forward to this, but after a few hours of play I'm ready to move on!

Left 4 Dead and Fallout 3 here I come!

Out of interest, is there a mod or patch that addresses the respawn issue?

Associate
Out of interest, is there a mod or patch that addresses the respawn issue?

Never mind that, is there a patch that addresses the fact that anyone and every one immediately unloads 5000 rounds of ammunition at you despite the fact that for all they've bothered finding out, you could be on their side?

That's what annoys me about it, not the fact that everyone hates you, but the fact the everyone instantly hates you without bothing to find out if you're the target of their hate. Fair enough everyone there is your enemy but in most firefights you could be a friendly, a wild pig, or just the wind moving things about. They still instantly turn round and unload an entire clip at you.

Associate
OP
Never mind that, is there a patch that addresses the fact that anyone and every one immediately unloads 5000 rounds of ammunition at you despite the fact that for all they've bothered finding out, you could be on their side?

That's what annoys me about it, not the fact that everyone hates you, but the fact the everyone instantly hates you without bothing to find out if you're the target of their hate. Fair enough everyone there is your enemy but in most firefights you could be a friendly, a wild pig, or just the wind moving things about. They still instantly turn round and unload an entire clip at you.

They have very good eyesight in Africa - they can see everything!!!!

As a short-sighted person, I feel a little upset that their healthcare system is so much better at correcting such disabilities!

Oh well, off to Specsavers I go!

Associate
Far Cry 2 was the biggest disappointment of the year for me. Great graphics, enjoyable combat with punchy, fun weapons; let down immensely by terrible AI, respawning enemies and mind-numbingly boring quests.

Associate
Probably could be fixed in a patch, but I doubt the devs would ever do it as it would mean there initial design idea was ****, which it is, and which I dont think they'd admit too :p

Soldato
As a side note, i had bad feelings about this game a long time before its release (check the official thread, i posted my concerns there, honest!), one of the main reasons for my worries was the fact that they were refusing to release a dev kit. One of the most basic things that all half decent PC games supply and they weren't bothering to, that to me shows a distinct lack of effort.

The result of that decision is also rather disastrous. The game could easily be fixed by some kind modders working in their spare time, just like they did for Oblivion and Stalker. It could have been made a great game over time without costing the developers a penny, but it never will now. Without devkits it is impossible for the public to fix the rather gaping flaws the developers have left in the game and i doubt that the devs will ever bother themselves.

Soldato
Far too dumbed down a game.
It promised so much and it did deliver. Unfortunately it just delivered steaming piles of **** that respawned each time you cleaned them away.

Fail of the year for me.

Associate
OP
It's sad that we have to wait for the modding community to sort such things out... but I guess that's another massive discussion!

I liked the idea of it being set in Africa... and that's about it.

Soldato
Once you realise it's a pretty average game with a big area to wander about (read: get tired of travelling everywhere) in, I started to like it more. The basic gameplay is really, really, well done, imo, and it's got that Halo-style simplicity perfectly. Storm in, shoot some guys, storm out. Bish bash bosh.

Back
Top Bottom