1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Far Cry 2 - Is It Me...

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Pablo72, 20 Nov 2008.

1. matt_fsr

Soldato

Totally agree, this was supposed to be an epic free-roaming wander around Africa, with Oblivion-esque factions, wildlife, predators and big game hunting tossed in for a laugh.

Instead, we get instant respawns, factions who shoot on sight despite not knowing who you are, and a distinct lack of interesting carnivores..... :rolleyes:

92%! Shant be reading a PCG review and hoping for any truth in future. Sad really, never mind. Rather stick to users own reviews before buying stuff.

2. Leebone

Hitman

All these side missions, where is the actual story? im no closer to the jackal then when i first started:confused:

3. OpenToSuggestions

Capodecina

Me too

The game is good, with new ideas like guns jamming and setting fire to the dry landscape. Got to give it some credit as doing something new in FPS games is hard to do.

It does get repetitive though, and whilst it is a fun game, I wonder why the vehicles aren't more damageable and why patrol cars catch you up in 2seconds even though I am going flat out.

Overal it is a fun game with some top graphics (at least it runs smoothly!), but I fully agree it could (with not much more effort) have been game of the year.

8/10

Last edited: 21 Nov 2008
  4. Scougar

Capodecina

A fair few games have gun jamming. (Stalker just to name one).

I will get this when it gets cheaper.

5. RaMDOM

Wise Guy

To be fair almost all the other mags and online sites gave it at least 80%. Zone gave it 90% plus.

oh dear......:rolleyes:

6. Dsteviedee

Hitman

Zone and Gamer are owned by the same publisher.

Oh and i dont like it much It reminds me too much of that bugged pile of poop,

Boiling Point, though I might give it another go when I get tired of Fallout3.

7. snowdog

Capodecina

lol :D.

Have you ever thought about going the other way around & setting up a blockade ?

8. frankmcg

Hitman

9. KNiVES

Capodecina

We stole it about a century ago and found it to be rather overrated. It was thus given back, and they have been beating the everliving daylights out of each other ever since.

Can't we steal Japan or something

Last edited: 28 Nov 2008
  10. reflux

Capodecina

That's spot on, but I fixed the score for you :)

11. [email protected]

Caporegime

I play it when I remember that I bought it and perhaps I should try and get my monies worth. It has some good points and equally some bad ones. How many bullets do you need to drop an enemy? Like half a mag sometimes.
    If 5/10 equates to a very average game, I'd give it not much more than that. At it high point I'd give it maybe a generous 7 but at its low point I'd say around 4.

12. Sel

Gangster

The problem is there's no surprises, yes you can roam around but I want to bump into patrols or convoys even the damn buses on the roads.

The place has no life, they shouldn't re-spawn a checkpoint unless they get off a radio message or a random patrol wanders across it.
    If they do get a message sent they should re-spawn a truck or jeep some distance away and send it to the check point.

As for the malaria that works well it really does make me feel ill so ill I have to switch off and go and lie down.

Overall Dull,repetitive and unrewarding, looks nice though.
    4/10 not worth playing.

13. Delvis

Caporegime

One to the head.

Or a small burst to the head from a Mac10 does it for me, while walking past them...highly accurate actually.

14. Weebull

Capodecina

It's funny, I was thinking just that about the game earlier. At the least it should have taken a leaf out of something like GTA:SA, where all sorts of events are randomised in the game, to make it appear like stuff is actually going on, like finding the factions fighting each other, or buses trundling about. And if they'd actually wanted to try, they should have properly scripted those kind of things, and mapped bus routes into the game, or put a checkpoint refill system liek you mentioned.

All that "Oooh, it's just like Africa" guff the reviews espoused fades so quickly once you scratch beyond the pretty surface.

15. silversurfer

Capodecina

its you, your rubbish

:/

16. ticktock

PermaBanned

The game was a big let down as far as i am concerned.