FARCRY 2 --- Officially , official of official threads! ---

Soldato
It does get a little better when you hit the second map but I am really only playing it jsut to say i've completed it.

bad thing is I played DEAD SPACE just before this, now that is an amazing game imho and really shows just how bad FC2 is.

I just love shooting people with the sniper rifles and then waiting for them to fall over, such great programming :D

Best part in the game was I stole a jeep with the rail mounted grenade launcher weapon, saw a jeep coming at me so jumped in the back. I hit the jeep as it was about 1 car length in front of me. It exploded and went flying over my head film style :D

Soldato
Enemies love using the rocket launcher on you :).
I was on my way to do a convoy mission for the weapons merchant, and I had an unexplored guard post between me and the target, just on the other side of a bridge. So I jumped out of my 4x4 and decided to do it all stealthy like. Sniped the first guy with the dart gun, then moved up to the post carefully, and took down the second bloke while he was wandering about, unaware. I couldn't see the third guard though, and after a brief while of looking for him, I figured he'd just done a runner or something. So I started searching the post for the ammo/fuel/whatever it contained, and next thing I know, BOOM, a Carl G rocket nearly wipes me out in one hit by blowing up on the sandbags next to me. Down to less than one full bar instantly, and I ran for my life. Turns out the third guy was quite obviously sat on a small rise of rocks to my left the whole time, and had just not noticed my stealthy approach. Scared the life out of me :eek:.

Soldato
Yup (remember there's one in Pala (the middle town) as well), just head for the bus station and you'll see four maps, each with the destination marked on. You don't actually get on to a bus tho :(

Soldato
I was on my way to do a convoy mission for the weapons merchant, and I had an unexplored guard post between me and the target, just on the other side of a bridge. So I jumped out of my 4x4 and decided to do it all stealthy like. Sniped the first guy with the dart gun, then moved up to the post carefully, and took down the second bloke while he was wandering about, unaware. I couldn't see the third guard though, and after a brief while of looking for him, I figured he'd just done a runner or something. So I started searching the post for the ammo/fuel/whatever it contained, and next thing I know, BOOM, a Carl G rocket nearly wipes me out in one hit by blowing up on the sandbags next to me. Down to less than one full bar instantly, and I ran for my life. Turns out the third guy was quite obviously sat on a small rise of rocks to my left the whole time, and had just not noticed my stealthy approach. Scared the life out of me :eek:.

Yup I know that guard post, that dude has blasted me before!! :p

I've remembered which one it is now, so I tend to do extreme violence upon him first.... then just wipe out everyone else with heavy weaponry, more fun that way :D

Soldato
Yup I know that guard post, that dude has blasted me before!! :p

I've remembered which one it is now, so I tend to do extreme violence upon him first.... then just wipe out everyone else with heavy weaponry, more fun that way :D
I love rocking up close with a grenade launcher-equipped 4x4 and just shelling the hell out of a post. Satisfyingly explosive. :D

Really didn't like the mortar for the brief period I used it. It was far too slow to reload, aim and fire. You're much better off just using a grenade launcher.

Soldato
Really didn't like the mortar for the brief period I used it. It was far too slow to reload, aim and fire. You're much better off just using a grenade launcher.

Agreed, its hard to aim, slow to reload, and yes powerful.... but i dont see many people surviving an M79 grenade often :p

Or if you're being nasty - MGL40 + M79, with light machine gun for close in work. Cant really argue with that!! :cool:

Soldato
Can anyone explain how the pills system works ?
I have taken about 4 pills and I noticed on taking the 4th pill that the capsule it came out of was empty... So I went to the church and got another capsule with pills after getting to this underground location, I then did 1 mission for the APR and then needed another pill, so fine I take one, and immediately I notice the capsule was again empty, and the mission to find more pills appeared again in the menu, what is this? Do I have to go to church to get 1 pill every time :eek: ( I've done 3 or 4 missions for the UFL now and 1 for the APR) ?

Soldato
I tried getting back into this, really I did.

Finished Fallout 3 today :( ........so was looking for something to fall back to and tide me over till something I fancy playing comes out.

Fired up FC2 again and after about 25mins I got fed up. :o

The visuals are lovely. The coding is excellent as it runs smooth as a baby's bum on my modest system.

But it's just not got that "certain something" that makes me want to play the next mission. Because I know that next mission will be "Head to one side of the map, kill someone/nick something and then slog all the way back over to the other side of the map".

No offence to those who are enjoying this game, it's just not my cup of tea.

RaV

RaV

Associate
snowdog When you run out of pills you do have to another underground mission again. I cant remember if you get less pills at the beginning of the game or not. but normally I get about 3 or so, and i think you start to feel sick less often as you progress, so its not really much of a problem

Soldato
I really liked the whole sequence leading up to the end, it's just a shame it ends so abruptly, I'd like to have seen the story play out a bit more.

After playing a bit of Crysis again I really think that this game looks better in places.

Soldato
Ive just got this so and i just finished tweaking graphics settings (it seemed i could have everything on ultra apart from geometry - which is now medium). The game is going okay...so far...
buddy-1.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Anybody know why when I reduce the resolution from my monitor's standard to something smaller it increases fps (understandably), but when I increase it back to its original resolution, the boost in fps still remains?

I don't particularly notice any change in texture resolution. Could it be something to do with minimizing and maximizing the game? CPU Priority?

Back
Top Bottom