FARCRY 2 --- Officially , official of official threads! ---

Soldato
True, the respawning does get on your moobs, but it would be boring if it didnt.

The 2nd map is much better!

I think respawning was only rubbish due to how it was handled, it should have been a truck doing the rounds.... dropping off soldiers, perhaps that you could ambush for a big firefight and then there would be a new truck arrive later - its just terribly thought out, you could have increased the replacement frequency in a game menu - to tailor the game to how you liked it. So much potential.... underused :rolleyes:

I like the 2nd map, but the bus stops are in rubbish places!

Soldato
This is true. There has not been any excuses anymore for such lazy and un-thought out programming for some time now. Its like as if they are trying too hard to get a game to look good, that they dont actually bother with any real gameplay, even when they look like thay have half a chance at a decent game, they kill off its potenital by "Magicing" emenies back to where you just "Offed" them.

This kind of lame gameplay and lazy coding has no place in todays powerful computers.

Oh, and isnt it about time they actually made a game that wasnt so linear?

Many people here have said that this game isnt, but come on... Same with the original FarCry ( Although these 2 games only share a name and nothing more ) everyone said that wasnt linear and yet, you still had to do this before you could do that, and do that before you could do the other... This is no different no matter much you sugar it up, its still linear.

Last edited:
Associate
I wish there were more open Savannah style areas, as I'm mildly disappointed that the "50 sq. km wide open space maps" actually consists of 20 sq. km whilst the rest is made up of unaccessible rock outcrops that the roads have to cut through.

I much prefer to be chased over grasslands, avoiding trees and rocks, than follow a very linear road.

Soldato
I've got this game to try at the moment. Admitadley my machine is slightly falling behind with the times but it still runs quite nicley.

Boring ass game tho, really. Repetative, dreary not really much of a scratch on the original if you ask me.

As said above, maybe less time making it look "pretty" and more time making it "a good game".

Valve and LFD is a classic example of this. 4 Year old engine, tweaked slightly for extra affects but my god - what a good FUN game to play. Even with 4 maps it's hard to get bored of it.

FarCry 3 best have a lot more work put in on the game side of things rather than the asthetics.

Caporegime
I know I don't have the PC version, but I got this on the 360, and after playing it until the second part of the map, I saved after the weapon drop off mission, and now the game save is borked and does not give me any missions to do, and I am sad to say I have no intention of returning back to this game as it's boring as hell. I hate the go here, drive for miles fighting through checkpoints, to get to the other side of map, then having to fight past the checkpoints again. Really disappointed with this games, yes it looks good, but my god it's mudane.

Associate
Finish the game yesterday, the end was a bit of a let down but other than that the whole game was good. I didn't do all of the sub missions so i think i'll just run around shooting people now.
Overall 8.5/10

Soldato
Aye, I thought the ending was a waste of time. I started the final bit, but haven't even bothered to go back in. Being locked to my chosen weapons and having no vehicles blows.

Soldato
Guys, I'm 73% of the way in and although there is a yellow '!' marking it in the central town, after getting my weapons taken off of me and being allowed inside, I don't have a mission waiting for me? The door is shut :(

I've done 12/12 out of the buddy missions, yet I can still get them at Mike's. Is that the problem; do I still need to do a few more missions for buddies before going back into town? Just seems a bit weird that the '!' is there and I can go inside etc...

Help!

Soldato
Started playing this a week or so back and after initially being impressed,it soon became apparent that the criticisms levelled at the game by many on here are justified.It's difficult though to specify exactly whats wrong with the game,it feels souless to me somehow and lacks any charm or identity of it's own.

It can entertain for a while and I've had a few good sessions just exploring,taking out guard posts and collecting diamonds,but the missions just feel like a chore,when you've done one you've done them all!

I normally finish games,but I can't see myself seeing this through to the end,I'll probably dip in and out ocassionally but I'm already on the lookout for something else.

Soldato
Guys, I'm 73% of the way in and although there is a yellow '!' marking it in the central town, after getting my weapons taken off of me and being allowed inside, I don't have a mission waiting for me? The door is shut :(

I've done 12/12 out of the buddy missions, yet I can still get them at Mike's. Is that the problem; do I still need to do a few more missions for buddies before going back into town? Just seems a bit weird that the '!' is there and I can go inside etc...

Help!
Anyone?

I really want to crack on with this and hopefully finish it when I get in tonight :rolleyes:

It feels like such a chore? I don't think I've ever felt that way about a game I've continued to play like this before...

Soldato
Anyone?

I really want to crack on with this and hopefully finish it when I get in tonight :rolleyes:

It feels like such a chore? I don't think I've ever felt that way about a game I've continued to play like this before...

Got exactly the same problem mate - I'm playing as Marty, the first character on the list..... who're you playing as? (Suspecting a bug here....):(

Cant be bothered to go back to an old save as its my 2nd play through, I think I'll just uninstall it and go back to BIA: Hells Highway.

Soldato
Got exactly the same problem mate - I'm playing as Marty, the first character on the list..... who're you playing as? (Suspecting a bug here....):(

Cant be bothered to go back to an old save as its my 2nd play through, I think I'll just uninstall it and go back to BIA: Hells Highway.
Yup. Playing as Marty...

Bug then :rolleyes:

Anyone want to send me their 70% 'ish save? Will that even work?

SW.

Soldato
Any chance of mailing/msn'ing me the last couple of working saves you have mate?

I'm determined to finish this game!

Because I've generally only used the top three saves in this game, after 73%, my next save is 8% :eek:

Cheers.

Soldato
Im having serious issues with this game in DX10 mode, its jumping like mad and i don't know how to stop it. Its not a frame rate issue because FRAPS is reporting an almost constant 60+ FPS.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Back
Top Bottom