FARCRY 2 --- Officially , official of official threads! ---

Associate
This is the worst overhyped games ever, its so boring! you spend most of your time getting from A to B, and its the same stuff over and over!!!
If someone described the gameplay to me I should hate it, but this has ended up being one of my favourite games of the year even though there is too much respawning. It is one of those games that you should not be rushed and played over a couple of months in small batches.

Soldato
If someone described the gameplay to me I should hate it, but this has ended up being one of my favourite games of the year even though there is too much respawning. It is one of those games that you should not be rushed and played over a couple of months in small batches.

Thats bang on in my opinion ;)

If you play it for say, 1 night a week, spend an hour or so, its not to bad.

I think most of the people (myself included) played it for like 6 hours straight and then say its rubbish. I mean its not to bad, and the engine was good, the graphics were good, the missions werent to bad. From my point of view the only problem was gameplay mechanics and the way things played out. :rolleyes:

Associate
Anyone know how to maually revoke an activation, the online thing didn't work and it says I've to send a code to ubisoft (doesnt give you a link or anything) the contact link at ubisoft doesn't work for me, so I'm a bit stuck.

Associate
Anyone know how to maually revoke an activation, the online thing didn't work and it says I've to send a code to ubisoft (doesnt give you a link or anything) the contact link at ubisoft doesn't work for me, so I'm a bit stuck.
I think you've just got to fully uninstall it properly, I'm sure I read that somewhere.

I got bored of this game after a while, I think I'm about 60ish% way through I think it was the repetiveness that killed it for me, good lookin' game though. ;)

Associate
I did a full uninstall, thats where you're given the revoke options, nice that the online tool doesnt work and supports contact page doesn't either.

It is repetative, a missed opportunity they could have done so much better, odd that playtesting didnt bring up that travelling is a pain and respawning enemies are annoying. Still played it to the end and used a lot of hours up, so cost/playtime=decent value for money. How is it a sequal, nothing to do with FC1 as far as i can see.

Associate
Just getting into this. How do you lob grenades and petrol bombs, the manual is not very clear.

I like the game but can see the constant killing of people at check points will get a bit boring after awhile. I'm just unlocking some of the weapons at the moment.

Associate
I did a full uninstall, thats where you're given the revoke options, nice that the online tool doesnt work and supports contact page doesn't either.

It is repetative, a missed opportunity they could have done so much better, odd that playtesting didnt bring up that travelling is a pain and respawning enemies are annoying. Still played it to the end and used a lot of hours up, so cost/playtime=decent value for money. How is it a sequal, nothing to do with FC1 as far as i can see.

Perhaps, they had no more time to adjust the game because of the head of the company, or they made the game like that because they thought it'd be fun and they might have liked it, a lot of review's I read mentioned the re-spawning issue

Soldato
Just getting into this. How do you lob grenades and petrol bombs, the manual is not very clear.

I like the game but can see the constant killing of people at check points will get a bit boring after awhile. I'm just unlocking some of the weapons at the moment.

As far as i am aware its something like Q to throw, and is it F to change grenade/petrol bomb.

I had no problem using getting my activation back, i brought the game on steam and when i unistalled through steam it simply did its thing and gave me it back. Not that i will probably play this game 5 times anyway. :rolleyes:

Playing time was decent. I finished the game it gave me a good number of hours gameplay, i played over the course of about a month in small doses.

Permabanned
re

is this game known to have problems when running at 1900 in sli?im having trouble with certain drivers for it..the 181.00 works great on its own but soon as i go to sli the screen flickers when i boot up the game at the start where it shows you the fire..anybody know what this is?

Man of Honour
Just completed this after finally finding a workaround to the 88% bug and resuming my savegame from 4 months ago. And I've got to say it was a massive letdown :( The ending was very drab, about as interesting as a bog standard telephone/underground mission.

The game plays well for the most part as you are exploring, getting new weapons, finding new buddies etc, but it almost felt like they ran out of steam at the end. Even Far Cry's ending was better! :eek:

Soldato
Just completed this after finally finding a workaround to the 88% bug and resuming my savegame from 4 months ago. And I've got to say it was a massive letdown :( The ending was very drab, about as interesting as a bog standard telephone/underground mission.

The game plays well for the most part as you are exploring, getting new weapons, finding new buddies etc, but it almost felt like they ran out of steam at the end. Even Far Cry's ending was better! :eek:

Restarted playing this myself recently after getting the 73% bug first time around,currently at 50% on this play,how did you get around the 88% bug? maybe your solution will work on the 73% bug if I hit it again! Cheers for any info.

Soldato
I dont know about you guys but i do agree with you when you say the sp story was albeit a bit pants. It started off okay, but they should have varied more rather than use the same repetitive system. It works for GTA, every situation is different in one way or another. But not for a game like far cry 2.

Though i do think did do a good job on the general game mechanics, graphics, sound etc. I personally did not encounter any bugs or slow downs on my modest system, even when i had a e4400. So its a decent engine. Someone just needs to work out the bugs and create a story worth playing.

At the end of the game, i started enjoying it again, the fact that you were choosing different paths, but it had no actual effect or outcome and became pretty brain less.

Man of Honour
^^Here's what I did to get through the marina bar door (un-openable due to 88% bug):

-Make sure you are running version 1.00 of the game (i.e. if you have patched to 1.01 or 1.02, uninstall and then reinstall the game)
-Buy a mortar if you don't already have one
-Walk right up next to the door as close as you can get while facing it
-Take out your mortar and use the aim button to set it up
-Still holding down aim, use the mouse to pivot found 180 degrees. You should now be inside the building as you have effectively rotated around your mortar and gone through the wall/door.

Obviously, this may not be possible in all places, as you need access to the mortar, you need to be able to draw your weapons etc.

Back
Top Bottom