Farming Simulator 22

Soldato
I cant see a thread so...

Farming Simulator 22 is now available for Pre-order and due for release on 22 November 21.

It is being released directly through Giants as both Developer and Publisher, moving away from Focus.

New Engine, DX12 and texture streaming.

Looking at some of the gameplay video's it looks a bit more polished than 19 and the use of DX12 will be a massive boost.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anybody else really dislike it when somebody not only can't be bothered to embed the video in their post, but then links to it so it starts part way through?

Soldato
Anybody else really dislike it when somebody not only can't be bothered to embed the video in their post, but then links to it so it starts part way through?

noobs
50743172871_081c5c38ae_o_d.gif

Soldato
I really enjoyed FS17 particularly some of the mod maps like Oakfield Farm. Tried FS19 but failed to bring much new and the physics of the vehicles was awful. I’ll certainly try FS22 but likely wait until the initial reviews comein.

Soldato
OP
I really enjoyed FS17 particularly some of the mod maps like Oakfield Farm. Tried FS19 but failed to bring much new and the physics of the vehicles was awful. I’ll certainly try FS22 but likely wait until the initial reviews comein.

I will be holding off for a bit as well unless there is a good map off the bat. My current map is WestBridge Hills which is a map used in FS 2013 and modded into FS19 LOL
Also, I use courseplay and that will take a while to catch up.

Soldato
Can't say I'm too interested in 22, but I won't lie, I've put a **** ton of hours into 19.

Got it free on Epic ages ago and only recently tried it with a few mates.
They've all quit, but I'm still going, very relaxing game where you can do as little, or as much as you want.

Soldato
OP
Can't say I'm too interested in 22, but I won't lie, I've put a **** ton of hours into 19.

Got it free on Epic ages ago and only recently tried it with a few mates.
They've all quit, but I'm still going, very relaxing game where you can do as little, or as much as you want.

If you use courseplay it becomes a mad management game.
I really appreciate the effort put into the modding community however I feel they fill some of the gaps of features that should be in the game from when it went from a PC release to an all-platform release.

It is a pleasant way to spend some time though.

Soldato
Hey all, im trying to run this game, but it simply won't load into the game - I get to the menus, start a new career, choose map, etc etc - then it just hangs as its about to load into the game.

Any ideas?

Tried everything, running on default, setting all settings to low, etc etc,

Windows 10 pro, 6800XT latest drivers, AMD 5600x, 32gb ram

Soldato
OP
Hey all, im trying to run this game, but it simply won't load into the game - I get to the menus, start a new career, choose map, etc etc - then it just hangs as its about to load into the game.

Any ideas?

Tried everything, running on default, setting all settings to low, etc etc,

Windows 10 pro, 6800XT latest drivers, AMD 5600x, 32gb ram
Been having a think about this at there was an issue at launch.
Check the game.xml C:\Users\ your PC\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022
Check to see if the <renderer>D3D_12</renderer> if it is that change it to renderer>D3D_11</renderer> and test.

Soldato
Been having a think about this at there was an issue at launch.
Check the game.xml C:\Users\ your PC\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022
Check to see if the <renderer>D3D_12</renderer> if it is that change it to renderer>D3D_11</renderer> and test.

That got it running thanks - but its really stuttery even on the lowest settings (same stutter maxed out or lowest graphics), seems a really really badly programmed game sadly, a 6800XT should easily run it.

All other games I have run maxed out buttery smooth.

Soldato
OP
That got it running thanks - but its really stuttery even on the lowest settings (same stutter maxed out or lowest graphics), seems a really really badly programmed game sadly, a 6800XT should easily run it.

All other games I have run maxed out buttery smooth.
Ok found my ticket
Not sure you will like the answer though LOL
You will need to update Windows.
I was running win 10 pro build 1809 at the time and updating it to the latest version fixed the issue.

Back
Top Bottom