Fastest / most reliable micro sd?

Soldato
Any of the branded cards should be fine but I've always stuck with Sandisk or Lexar and never had an issue. Be careful of your source though and only buy from reputable vendors as there are a lot fake branded ones out there.

Associate
Personally always used Kingston ones, they're so cheap (12 quid for a 64GB on that one website) but have always worked well for me and I think most come with a lifetime warranty.

Man of Honour
Sandisk or Kingston usually come out on top - from my experience the Sandisk ultras are one of if not the best if your doing photography type stuff while the Kingstons hold up a bit better for generic file usage especially working with larger files. (I currently have Kingston 64GB microSDXC UHS-I jobbies in all my tablets and phones with no problems so far).

Soldato
Samsungs top models are probably fastest and they should be super reliable. But IMO their fastest cards are overkill for a phone.

I use a class 10 SanDisk 128GB card for the last few years and it's been fine.

Don
Whatever you buy, just don't buy it from a 3rd party reseller (ie anyone on ebay or Amazon marketplace) as it will be a fake. -They can look very very convincing too.

Soldato
I use an Integral UltimaPro 128GB with my Z5C. Got it for £23 and it is legit as I filled it to the brim and read it all back again.

Transfer speeds of a 1GB file were 40MB/s read and 13.5MB/s write. Not the fastest but I don't know whether that is due to the card or phone.

5 year warranty for peace of mind too.

I use it for storing about 3000 spotify songs for offline mode.

Man of Honour
I've had a Kingston fail on me surprisingly, but I'm sure that is rare. Sandisk no issues.

Haven't had a Kingston fail on me... yet... got about 7 of them but they are all less than 3 years old, have some Sandisk ones that are over 10 years old and still working albeit not very useful storage size wise.

Back
Top Bottom