Fastest to 44km - a "TT" log

Man of Honour
OP
Odd working patterns meant a weird squat session this evening...

Topped out at 110*6 which was amusing (ramped up in triples m from 60-80-100). Will try and do Alex Dowsett's TT session on Zwift tomorrow, even though I can't do it live (work meeting sitting right on top of it). :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
OP
Alex Dowsett's TT session on Zwift was brutal, but just about doable enough that I didn't have to skip anything.

Two days later, and squats...

BACK SQUAT @ 120*3 then 90*12
SNATCH GRIP RDL @ 70*10

Silly jump in volume achievable simply by squatting regularly. As strong as I have been in the past three years and weighed in at 85.6kg this morning, too... So not far off the lightest I have been in 9 years. :eek:

Still not training arms, however, as my supraspinatus keeps reminding me, so that might account for some of the gains.

Man of Honour
OP
Alex Dowsett's TT ride on Zwift @ 252W FTP.

Will probably need to up the FTP rating next time as it was hard, but not sickening.

Tomorrow I will use his recently posted lactate leg destroyer...

Man of Honour
OP
I ran out of time and so did Emily's Short Mix instead... Had to dial it down from 257W (finished at 96%), so not all bad considering.

Today was squats. Again.

110*3 felt really heavy (spent the weekend taking down an old wooden swing and putting up a new double one) so settled for 3 sets of 100*6.

Then some BW chins (2 sets of 8).

Back
Top Bottom