Fat kids? Mums - it's all your fault!

Caporegime
I'd put it down to a sedentary lifestyle. As for the McDonald's thing, my son is a manager at one, none of the staff are fat, and they all eat McDonald's for free every day. Most of the customers on the other hand...
Is this fat people eat McDonald's cliché thing still a thing?
I mean I've been to McDonald's 3 times In the past 3 months, twice in Belgium and I didn't see a single fat person except me. A lot of young people but that's about it?

Soldato
The root cause is that men are lazy.
I'm guessing that if the mother stays at home, she cooks proper food and if she works the kids get microwaveable meals. The fact that it makes no difference if the father works or not shows that he never bothers to cook proper meals.

Or alternatively that men and women on average have different priorities and goals.

If you said women were 'lazy' because they work less hours and choose safer, less manually intensive jobs then men, on average, (demonstrably true) then feminists would soon be frothing at the mouth.

Call men lazy beacuse they, on average, do less domestic cooking and cleaning and most men don't really have a lot to say.

There is significant reason to believe that our sexually dimophic bodies and differing psychologies make men and women inherently more prone to adopting sex specific roles.

Much as there is some evidence emerging that the adoption of sexual differentiation in roles may have been key to the success of homo sapiens over over non differentiated hominids.

Soldato
Thanks for that, I'm going to tell my GF that she has evolved to do the cooking and cleaning next time she asks me. I'm sure that will go down well.

Your individual dometic arrangements are for you and your partner to sort out.

The key words is 'average'

I would suggest that you assess your individual circumstances and maybe if you are doing more of the heavy lifting re paid work it's right that your other half picks up the slack domestically?

Theres not much point using averages to argue for a specific arrangement. They can however be very useful when looking at wider statistical patterns.

Anecdotally my other half has no compunction in suggesting certain domestic jobs are 'blue' jobs based on my greater, evolved, upper body strength....

Caporegime
My mom worked, as having both of our parents working meant better opportunities for me and my brother. Better schools, better quality food, and somewhat ironically, enough money to pay for someone else to do most of the domestic stuff.

My mom still cooked us dinner for the most part, steak and chips if it was my dad cooking :D

I'm nicely toned, and my brother only got a bit chonk due to hitting 40 and the beers a bit much :p

Soldato
it's not the father's job to cook meals.

Translation: "I don't even know which end of a wooden spoon to hold, so my idea of cooking is phoning the local kebab shop for a delivery"

Ever notice how there are more famous male chefs than female? Perhaps that should tell you something about men and cooking ability ;)

Soldato
Translation: "I don't even know which end of a wooden spoon to hold, so my idea of cooking is phoning the local kebab shop for a delivery"

Ever notice how there are more famous male chefs than female? Perhaps that should tell you something about men and cooking ability ;)

It does make me laugh how useless some of the older generation men are. They are like children, can't cook, can't do the washing, can't look after themselves basically.

Soldato
Not sure what's worse the article, the research or some of the comments in here.

There is no correlation between a working mother and obese kids other than a very tenuous one. Maybe for their next research piece they can call it "living on earth makes you 100% more likely to be killed by a nuclear bomb attack than if you live on Mars!!!1!1!1!!1"

Soldato
It does make me laugh how useless some of the older generation men are. They are like children, can't cook, can't do the washing, can't look after themselves basically.

Or flip around

"It does make me laugh how useless some of the older generation women are. They are like children, can't change oil in a car, can't wire a socket, can't even do the basics of looking after a house."

Woohoo stupid generalisations are sooooo cool!

Soldato
Or flip around

"It does make me laugh how useless some of the older generation women are. They are like children, can't change oil in a car, can't wire a socket, can't even do the basics of looking after a house."

Its true though. I wouldn't say its particularly their fault, historically gender specific roles have been far more rigid.

Of course that's no excuse for current generations to maintain those viewpoints ... but then saying that, there are plenty of "men" and "women" these days who are equally useless at both traditional male and female activities, and you have to wonder what skills they actually possess other than duck face posing and twitter feeds :p

Edit: I guess that's not a particularly new thing, my MIL in her late 60s can't wire a plug, would probably have a mental breakdown if asked to do an oil change, nor can she cook or do the washing up without me needing to redo half of it :(

FTM

FTM

Soldato
portion control

if your parents are the size of a whale it means the chances are they are also not exercising and overfeeding their kids with massive portions..so fat kids

if your parents eat well, exercise/do outdoor activities then chances are the kids do as well...so skinny kids

Soldato
Or flip around

Yes, the classic requisite to knowing that you can cope living on your own... changing the oil on your car. :p

Associate

Don't think that only applies to some older men. There is a huge amount of youngsters who are useless at every domestic and DIY task apart from switching on an XBox

Caporegime
Missing the point. Why are the children of single working mums more at risk than those of single working fathers?

Men in general are more playful and will try to teach their children sports, a few single mums I know just stick an iPad an their kids hands whilst they catch up on TV.

In other words it's because of the breakdown of the family unit, feminists will continue to argue that a woman can offer everything a man can and whilst it may be true in exceptional situations it's not in general. Likewise, it's probably not totally healthy in emotional terms for a child to grow up without a female/mother figure unless the father is exceptional. The problem being of course that 99% of the population aren't exceptional.

Last edited:
Associate
I work with a lot of girls in their early 20s and the stories about their boyfriends are constantly facepalm inducing.

If I told you some of the stories most people wouldn't believe it

Soldato
I still wanna know if she was in the right tho... I mean granted the ham planet is being rude/obnoxious and demanding but is she just acting all fat or entitled or have they genuinely stiffed her on her cheese... in which case I can see why she'd get angry over it, food is clearly an important part of her life!

This is America.

Perhaps the guy is afraid he might face legal action if he provides a woman who is poisoning herself with food with the means with which to do so!

:p

Soldato
Men in general are more playful and will try to teach their children sports, a few single mums I know just stick an iPad an their kids hands whilst they catch up on TV.

In other words it's because of the breakdown of the family unit, feminists will continue to argue that a woman can offer everything a man can and whilst it may be true in exceptional situations it's not in general. Likewise, it's probably not totally healthy in emotional terms for a child to grow up without a female/mother figure unless the father is exceptional.

IIRC, it's more important for a child to have two primary caregivers (even if they are a same-sex couple) than specifically a mother and father.

Back
Top Bottom