• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fault 3080FE?

Associate
Hi All,

I finally got round to building my new machine yesterday. The system worked for 6-7 hours.

AMD 5600x
MSI Tomahawk x570
32GB Gskill c14
Nvidia 3080 FE

This morning I fired up flight simulator and after a few minutes, the whole system crashed.

When I tried to restart, the Motherboard had the VGA led illuminated and the system wouldn’t boot with no signal to the screen.

I have tried my old r9 390 and everything works as expected. When I refit the 3080, VGA led lights again and won’t boot.

I’ve tried the 3080 in my old machine (2500k, Asrock Z68) and it won’t boot and displays the error 62.

I've spoken to Nvidia and they are happy to RMA as they think hardware failure.

has anybody seen something similar?

Soldato
I get odd behaviour in my 3090 and could be similar to what you say. 50% of the time it turns on and and get signal. On other occasions no signal is reported, I have to then do a reset to my pc by holding power button / reset then let it load up again. For me it seems to be when I get past the bios screen, there is usually a second screen prior to windows which shows a small spinning thing. When that is missed for whatever reason I get a no signal screen.

So try resetting it when no signal comes on and see what happens imo. PSU could be another factor, hit fact it’s just showing no signal suggests similar symptoms to mine.

Associate
OP
Stripped the whole system back, removed power cable extensions, removed all
RAM sticks apart from 1, removed NVMe, reset CMOS.

still no luck, white VGA led still present.

Back
Top Bottom