Favorite quotes?

Soldato
I have many favourite quotes, one of which features in my sig... However, some more of my selection:

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing." Randy K. Milholland

"When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it." Bernard Bailey

"If you can't be funny, be interesting." Harold Ross

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." Mark Twain

Soldato
Voltaire said:
It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.

Epictetus said:
When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger.

Sartre said:
Man can will nothing unless he has first understood that he must count on no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth.

Dalai Lama said:
While we cannot always change our external situation to suit us, we can change our attitude.

Edit: That's a fantastic quote William, though I wouldn't entirely agree :p

Soldato
My only fear of death is reincanartion -Tupac

Good things come to those who wait....Better things comes to those that chase - Canibus

My enemy's enemy is my friend - (i dont know who said it first)

Last edited:
Associate
quotes are nothing but inspiration for the uninspired

to imagine the past and remember the future (or something like that for the supreme court)

we are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars

plus a whole bundle of other wilde quotes he was a legend!!

Man of Honour
I've got far too many quotes to list them all but I've always got at least one in my signature.

A favourite quote author of mine is Henry Louis Mencken. He has literally hundreds of brilliant quotes, even if he didn't this alone is worthy of respect: "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats". :D

Soldato
Lady Astor: "Winston, if I were your wife I'd put poison in your coffee."
Winston: "Nancy, if I were your husband I'd drink it."

Back
Top Bottom