Favorite quotes?

Soldato
I have no favorite quote, so heres a few random ones:
"The difference between computer salesmen and car salesmen is that car salesmen know when they are lying."
Frank Layden said:
"I told him, 'Son, what is it with you. Is it ignorance or apathy?' He said, 'Coach, I don't know and I don't care.'"
War - the only way Americans learn geography.
Veni, Vidi, VISA: I came, I saw, I did a little shopping.
IEEE Grid newsmagazine said:
A programmer is a person who passes as an exacting expert on the basis of being able to turn out, after innumerable punching, an infinite series of incomprehensible answers calculated with micrometric precisions from vague assumptions based on debatable figures taken from inconclusive documents and carried out on instruments of problematical accuracy by persons of dubious reliability and questionable mentality for the avowed purpose of annoying and confounding a hopelessly defenseless department that was unfortunate enough to ask for the information in the first place.
Douglas Adams said:
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I have a huge number of quotes on my website here.

Last edited:
Soldato
Erica Jong said:
Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more.

Unknown said:
"Two teardrops are floating in the ocean, one teardrop asked the other,
"Who are you?''
"I'm the teardrop of a girl who was driven away by a guy, and who are you?'
The other one answered,
'I'm the teardrop of a guy who regretted letting a girl go.'"

Got more like it on my site :p

Permabanned
“Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.”
Churchill

I have that on my wall, in my room.

Soldato
Voltaire said:
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
^ Think it's someone's sig on here

Einstein said:
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

Niels Bohr said:
If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet

Thomas Edison said:
Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration

Soldato
"You know, you remind me of those little geeks I used to beat the **** out of in high school"
"You know, you remind me of ghey. Who is this noob, Tagi? Do you know what micro is? It's not what's in your pants, man"

Jeremy (Pure Pwnage) to the bloke who goes on a date with Anastasia :D

Soldato
Abraham Lincoln said:
GIRL!
I wanna take you to a gay bar,
I wanna take you to a gay bar,
I wanna take you to a gay bar, gay bar, gay bar.!
electric6 said:
They scooped us up the way a large whale scoops up plankton. That is to say, we became part of the whale, but the whale barely noticed.

Man of Honour
My favourite quote of the moment is from a film, but I like it so may as well post it....

Timo Cruz in the film Coach Carter said:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Good film, I recommend it.

Mic

Mic

Soldato
You find out life's this game of inches, so is football. Because in either game - life or football - the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when add up all those inches, that's gonna make the ******* difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!

I'll tell you this, in any fight it's the guy whose willing to die whose gonna win that inch. And I know, if I'm gonna have any life any more it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch, because that's what living is, the six inches in front of your face

-Al Pacino, Any Given Sunday

Back
Top Bottom