Favourite Star Wars movie?

Soldato
OP
I hold the controversial opinion of Return of the Sith too. :p

See I do not think it's that controversial. It was by far the best of that trio, much darker and less "Disney" than the other 2.

Another thing about Rogue One is although it's not a plotline episode, it really fits in nicely to the main plot, the last scene literally directly feeds into the initial scene in EP4.

Also, I'm not ashamed to admit, the first time I saw it I thought to myself that the guy who played Gran Moff Tarkin had aged really well, hardly changed a bit.

Soldato
between empire and star wars for me. Jedi also a great ending despite its flaws.

Prequels are garbage. Sequels are mostly garbage - tfa is ok but the ones after ruin any chance it had.
RO is ok but average at best, it forgot to give us any actual characterisation. And the cgi faces are jarring.
Not even seen solo - people says its ok but i'm done with star wars at this point.

Soldato
It also messes a bit too much with the timeline.

On a similar point - One of my mates is a "movies only" SW fan and having Darth Maul turn up massively confused him and his family - in the Movies, if Maul 'died' in EP1 and yet here he is with Han in SOLO, then Han must be older than Anakin who is a child in Ep1, but if Anakin is Lukes dad and Luke and Han look to be just a decade apart, then how is this all possible????? - I told him about the animated show and Mauls history and he, quite rightly IMHO, said it just showed how bad the screenplay was that this wasn't explained in anyway leading to many people who haven't watch the animated show, having zero clue what was going on - which isn't good for retaining fans.

Soldato
Ate they making/going to make any more?

The money is still too good for them not too. My guess is about 2025-ish before we see the next "trilogy" batch begin, with maybe a one off film like SOLO/Rogue One before them, although I think the chances of a single film is far rarer than the prospects of getting another trilogy as Disney seem to decided that TV is the way to go for single stories now.

Soldato
Outside of the original 3, in order of preference:

Rogue 1
I liked solo, Probably a guilty pleasure (who also played the mother of Dragons ;) )

Then Episodes:

8 - must be erased from history & its director sentenced to a life of penal servitude. :mad:

Caporegime
I've started to really love the prequels in recent years, especially Attack of the Clones and Revenge, so I'd put them up top. Then I'd go Rogue One, TFA and TLJ.

I've not seen Solo, and after the disappointment I had with The Last Jedi I still haven't bothered to watch the last film.

Soldato
1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. Rogue One
3. A New Hope
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. The Phantom Menance
7. The Force Awakens
8. Attack of the Clones
9. Solo
10. The Last Jedi
11. The Rise of Skywalker

I absolutely adored Empire, and Rogue one gave me genuine hope for the franchise after Disney took over.

...Unfortunately my hope was unfounded as I found every movie after it to be garbage.

The movies I've listed 8 or lower I consider crap.

The newer movies have given me a greater appreciation for the prequels, while they had their faults at least they were coherent and had some outstanding scenes and characters. Granted I hate Attack of the Clones but that's for different reasons.

Soldato
I don't really care for Star Wars but I've watched them all and seen them all in the cinema no less (They're entertaining films but I don't get the cult like obsession) and for me as a very casual star wars fan I'd have to say Rogue One was the best movie out of all of them.

The last scene was better than the last few SW films.

Man of Honour
1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. Rogue One
3. A New Hope
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. The Phantom Menance
7. The Force Awakens
8. Attack of the Clones
9. Solo
10. The Last Jedi
11. The Rise of Skywalker

I absolutely adored Empire, and Rogue one gave me genuine hope for the franchise after Disney took over.

...Unfortunately my hope was unfounded as I found every movie after it to be garbage.

The movies I've listed 8 or lower I consider crap.

The newer movies have given me a greater appreciation for the prequels, while they had their faults at least they were coherent and had some outstanding scenes and characters. Granted I hate Attack of the Clones but that's for different reasons.
Other than the hideous robot, L3 (THE worst character), and a few too many by the numbers set pieces, I quite enjoyed Solo. Thought it was much better than the commercial response it got (which I think was a result of Star Wars fatigue more than anything).

Soldato
Other than the hideous robot, L3 (THE worst character), and a few too many by the numbers set pieces, I quite enjoyed Solo. Thought it was much better than the commercial response it got (which I think was a result of Star Wars fatigue more than anything).

I just found it all a bit pointless, and the robot rubbed me up the wrong way to the point anything I could have enjoyed was ruined the moment it appeared on screen. I didn't think anything in Star Wars could possibly irritate me more than Jar Jar Binks up until watching Solo.

Man of Honour
I just found it all a bit pointless, and the robot rubbed me up the wrong way to the point anything I could have enjoyed was ruined the moment it appeared on screen. I didn't think anything in Star Wars could possibly irritate me more than Jar Jar Binks up until watching Solo.
In one of my most douch-baggy moments ever, I clapped and cheered in the cinema when the character ‘stopped being on screen’. I agree, super duper annoying^5.

Back
Top Bottom