Favourite stretch of road

Man of Honour
I would tell you a lovely little bit of road in Norfolk...but then you'd all turn up and fill it with cars. :D

*only ever seen four or five other cars on it..in about 5 years. :eek:*

Twisties, straights, off camber bits. HUGE amounts of fun. :)

Ohh..and ditches either side of the road. Once saw an Esprit upside down in one of them. Surprising though how little the bushes seem to grow around there. :D

Simon/~Flibster

Soldato
Originally posted by PeterNem
Do you agree that the crawler lane on the hill as your heading southbound before the road becomes a dual carriagway is bloody dangerous?! It's so short, but as it ends just over the crest of the hill if you don't know the road there is no way of telling.

I;ve seen lorries try to overtake lorries there and have to slam on the brakes when they realise they can't make it!

I don't know, sorry, I join it southbound just after it becomes dual carriageway and leave onto the M1. The concrete bit is not far really, and it's not as bad as the M69:D

Soldato
Originally posted by Flibster
I would tell you a lovely little bit of road in Norfolk...but then you'd all turn up and fill it with cars. :D

*only ever seen four or five other cars on it..in about 5 years. :eek:*

Twisties, straights, off camber bits. HUGE amounts of fun. :)

Ohh..and ditches either side of the road. Once saw an Esprit upside down in one of them. Surprising though how little the bushes seem to grow around there. :D

Simon/~Flibster

Oh do tell, I was waiting for your input to this thread.... :D

Man of Honour
Originally posted by kaiowas
Oh do tell, I was waiting for your input to this thread.... :D

Nope. ;)

However...I will give you a bit of a clue.

It's within 20-30 mins drive of the Lotus factory *depends if you drive at the speed limit... ;)*

Simon/~Flibster

Associate
The A85 between Crianlarich and Oban is not only stunningly beautiful but has incline, twists, straights and turns that make is a lovely drive....oh an no speed cameras. Just a few sheep. :D

Have a look

A85.gif

McRod

G

Originally posted by McRod
The A85 between Crianlarich and Oban is not only stunningly beautiful but has incline, twists, straights and turns that make is a lovely drive....oh an no speed cameras. Just a few sheep. :D

McRod
Driven it many times, love the drive along the side of Loch Awe:)

Soldato
Originally posted by Flibster
Nope. ;)

However...I will give you a bit of a clue.

It's within 20-30 mins drive of the Lotus factory *depends if you drive at the speed limit... ;)*

Simon/~Flibster

20-30 minutes from Lotus? I can be 50 mile down the A11 by then :D It could be anywhere, Can't you just send me an email , I won't tell anyone

Soldato
for anyone in the area

but the road between hocklife and woboun is absolutly fantastic. its about a mile and a half of pure straight road. and then a nice combination of left and righters.

i love it :D
Greg

Associate
Originally posted by Ever Ready
Driven it many times, love the drive along the side of Loch Awe:)

E.R. you ever spotted an old Church on your left hand side just before you leave Lochawe village?. It sits right on the shoreline and is called St Conan`s.

If you haven`t, next time your passing, stop and go in and sample the atmosphere inside. It makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up :)

Its open to the Public etc and will only take 5 mins.

McRod

Soldato
Originally posted by eidolon
For long straight (no camera) roads, I just noticed yesterday that the M5 from Gloucester to Bristol bit is fantastic.

Aye tis a nice drive is that...not that I have too wide a ranging knowledge of good roads & in my car many of em are alike :p

Man of Honour
Originally posted by kaiowas
20-30 minutes from Lotus? I can be 50 mile down the A11 by then :D It could be anywhere, Can't you just send me an email , I won't tell anyone

Good point...Snetterton is fun to drive around. Still not telling though.

If it was anywhere in the world rather than just the UK, there's a little bit of road between the towns of Spa and Francorchamps.

You may have heard of it. It's the only piece of smooth tarmac in the whole of Belgium. :D Nice to drive quick on too. *when the police aren't around.*

Simon/~Flibster

Soldato
Originally posted by Conanius
you work in gloucester or somethin mate?

Nahh, unfortunately I work about 10 mins from where I live (Bristol) and the top speed I reach on my way to work is about 20mph :(

I only really noticed that bit of M5 cos I was coming back from Birmingham airport on Thursday and I'd been travelling for 12 hours or summat so I was looking to get home quickly, that bit of road allowed me to do just that :D

Back
Top Bottom