1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FBI Files and Forensic Detectives

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meatball, 29 Jul 2006.

1. Meatball

Soldato

Does anyone else love watching these shows? I love watching them when I stay up late (ie now) Pretty sad I know :p

2. Grrrrr

Soldato

I love watching xfiles if that counts. I love the theory that alien talk is actually a cover up for something deeper and more crazier

3. Meatball

Soldato

I like watching X-Files to. I brought the Series 5 boxset on DVD as they're quite cheap now (£16.99)

4. BillytheImpaler

Man of Honour

I love those forensics shows that are on Discovery and others.

5. Day187

Gangster

I watch them to every night on the discovery channel 12-2:00am but I’m down to channel 5 meaning now twice a week :rolleyes: i need to pay my sky bill, can u get discovery on free view.
    But there needs to be more murders and bank jobs I’ve started to watch the repeats of the repeats i wish they start killing each other more often need some 2006 shows J/K.

There is another programme as well on he discovery channel medical forensic or something like that, anyway you're not alone. I’m sad with u :D

6. Dazzy_G

Wise Guy

i never really like them, they just get in the way of Mythbusters and how its made lol

7. bigred

Wise Guy

I love them :D Also 'Air Crash Investigations' on National Geographic is really good :)

8. meggy-vengeance

PermaBanned

I used to love watching them, I want to do Forensic Science, but reeeeally can't be bothered. :)
    Mmmm motivation needed some day I think.

9. Dazzy_G

Wise Guy

i knew quite a few people at uni doing Forensic science, you've got to get quite good grades in chemisty and physics i think. or just make up the points in other things and struggle through your first year

10. Meatball

Soldato

Yeah that show is great! Me and my dad normally watch that together :p

11. bigred

Wise Guy

I'm scared of flying now!

Did you see that one recently where one of the auxillary staff on a FedEx DC10 freight plane went crazy and tried to hijack the plane so that his wife/kids could claim his life insurance? The pilot was doing all sorts of stunts that the plane shouldn't technically be allowed (or possibly) do... whilst being paralysed due to brain damage and he had a large portion of his skull missing. He then landed safely despite the damage to the plane, on a runway too short/unsuitable and heavily overweight due to heavy cargo and almost a full fueltank. That was pretty awesome :D

Found some more info about it here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FedEx_Flight_705 http://www.tailstrike.com/070494.htm http://cgi.nationalgeographic.com/channel/video/cgi-bin/NGPortal.pl?bitrate=400k&clip=89879447 (video)

Alex

12. Meatball

Soldato

Yeah that was a good one! :eek:

13. alexakasloth

Sgarrista

I love watching CSI :o :D

14. Meridian

Man of Honour

Just try not to take it too seriously. Lawyers have already identified the "CSI-Effect": the problem that juries think CSI is accurate, then wonder why the evidence put in front of them by real forensic scientists isn't as certain. Even the TV programs that concentrate on real cases give an distorted view of the work.

M

15. bigred

Wise Guy

...I love watching Jorja Fox :D

16. Psymonkee

Capodecina

17. Meatball

Soldato

No. I wanted to start watching that but I completely forgot about it! :eek: Is it any good?

18. cymatty

Capodecina

Me every night for at least 2 hours, life has now got better we have the crime and investigation channel. :cool:

19. Meatball

Soldato

Topman :cool: ! I've set TVDrive to record all the eposoides if I get to tired :rolleyes:

20. cymatty

Capodecina

Tiredness is not an option. :D

I love the stuff i just think it is so brilliantly clever.