FBI Files and Forensic Detectives

Soldato
I love forensics. :)

If your gonna write an incriminating letter on a note pad be careful
as it transfers 7 pages deep on the note pad ;)
They can get DNA from you're ash's :D
Wear a shoe size too big when you enter the pre-crime scene :cool:
Short tandem repeat: a method of extracting miniscule amounts of DNA from a specle of blood over 30 years old.
I also like cold case files on the history channel. all good stuff....

edit. If your going to kill someone make sure after you've cleaned the blood up you soak the crime scene will animal blood. when they use luminol to expose blood thats visable under an alternitve light source it confuses them.
My book on how to comit the perfect murder is out jan 2007.

(joke) :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Lost-Prophet said:
Does anyone else love watching these shows? I love watching them when I stay up late (ie now) Pretty sad I know :p

They're ok... they seem to overhype their DNA evidence all the time though.

"The criminal thought he had covered his tracks, little did he know he left signs invisible to the human eye behind which eventually led to his downfall...... D..N..A"

Then they go on to explain what is it :o

Man of Honour
movingtables said:
Short tandem repeat: a method of extracting miniscule amounts of DNA from a specle of blood over 30 years old.

Er - no. STR refers to the type of DNA being analysed. The art of getting a lot of DNA from a small sample is PCR (polymerase chaim reaction), aka "amplification". Getting a lot of DNA from a VERY small sample is Low Copy Number. Answer number 5 here appears to be pretty comprehensive (looks like it's one of my colleagues).

M

Soldato
Meridian said:
Er - no. STR refers to the type of DNA being analysed. The art of getting a lot of DNA from a small sample is PCR (polymerase chaim reaction), aka "amplification". Getting a lot of DNA from a VERY small sample is Low Copy Number. Answer number 5 here appears to be pretty comprehensive (looks like it's one of my colleagues).

/me updates files :)

M

Back
Top Bottom