Feek = rubbish

Associate
sig3.jpg

live pinata(sp). bat. /me hides

Soldato
I do like a drop of bubbly :)

Not a big Bolly fan, the Verve Cliq is a nice drop for the price, I think the nicest I've had is a mainstream Krug but I am also keen on Perrier Jouet Belle Epoc.

Visited the Tat factory when we went to France, very nice tour and picked up some at very good prices.

Best value has to be the stuff we bought for our wedding Piper-Heidsieck cuvée Brut on special at Sommerfield's worked out at £8/ bottle (normally retails at about £25 :D) the gave us an EXTRA discount for buying 12 cases and clearing the stock room :D

MB

Man of Honour
Muban said:
Yum, I had some myself last night. I'll take the 3rd and 4th from the right please.... well in fact I'll take any of them bar the one in the middle :)
For the Veuve I'll either fight you for it or meet you at the bottom of the bottle ;)

Freefaller said:
Cristal is such over rated garbage. It's just popular because rappers talk about it.
Werd.

Don
OP
Matblack said:
I do like a drop of bubbly :)

Not a big Bolly fan, the Verve Cliq is a nice drop for the price, I think the nicest I've had is a mainstream Krug but I am also keen on Perrier Jouet Belle Epoc.

get yourself to Vegas , go to Ballys and on a Sunday lunch sample the "sterling brunch" for $60 you get caviar , lobster , filet mignon and dozens of other goodies but bets of all unlimited Periier Jouet , managed to polish off 3 bottles to myself last time :p

12 cases of Piper sounds good , loads better than Moet and a similar price

Don
OP
Gilly said:
For the Veuve I'll either fight you for it or meet you at the bottom of the bottle ;)

it aint me you you would have to fight for it it's the missus , that's what she was drinking at the Liverpool meet , Veuve with fresh crushed raspberries in . nice if you are drinking it but not if you are paying for it at 11 quid a go :eek: :p

Man of Honour
Rotty said:
it aint me you you would have to fight for it it's the missus , that's what she was drinking at the Liverpool meet , Veuve with fresh crushed raspberries in . nice if you are drinking it but not if you are paying for it at 11 quid a go :eek: :p
It was Muban I was offering to fight for it, think 'the internet' has removed all your rights to your belongings :p

Don
OP
Gilly said:
It was Muban I was offering to fight for it, think 'the internet' has removed all your rights to your belongings :p
:eek:

how does this one sound , took my mum for mother's day lunch today looked at the champagne menu , Moet £34.99 , Veuve £35.99

am I missing something here , why the **** would you buy the Moet ? :confused:

Man of Honour
Rotty said:

how does this one sound , took my mum for mother's day lunch today looked at the champagne menu , Moet £34.99 , Veuve £35.99

Its often that way and I've no idea why.

Reckon its just because some people have wine/champagne only on special occasions and don't have any idea about whats nice.

My mum and dad got me a bottle of Moet when I was a kid to be drunk on my 18th. I always wanted to drink it early and they never let me. By the time I turned 18 it'd gone bad.

Wonder if I'd have even noticed :p

Don
OP
Gilly said:
Its often that way and I've no idea why.

Reckon its just because some people have wine/champagne only on special occasions and don't have any idea about whats nice.

My mum and dad got me a bottle of Moet when I was a kid to be drunk on my 18th. I always wanted to drink it early and they never let me. By the time I turned 18 it'd gone bad.

Wonder if I'd have even noticed :p

I have a real dislike of Moet , has a horrible chemical taste to me , at that sort of money Piper is loads better , didn't have any with lunch today but polished off 3 bottles of an excellent Marlborough sauvignon , not bad for an afternoon in Mansfield :p

Suspended
Rotty said:

Veuve is cheaper in local supermarkets which always surprises me as it's so much nicer. A classic case of marketing over substance.

Back
Top Bottom