Feek = rubbish

Don
OP
Nozzer said:
Veuve is cheaper in local supermarkets which always surprises me as it's so much nicer. A classic case of marketing over substance.

at supermarket prices I normally see Moet at about £17 and Veuve about a tenner more

Don
OP
Nozzer said:
~£30 on the high street for the NV gear (shown above). The '96 is gorgeous and ~£60.

yep 30 quid is about right , you dont usualy see vintage bollinger on the high street , is the 96 really worth the extra ?

Don
OP
Nozzer said:
At £17 I'd be hard pushed to pass it up, a couple of bottles of Veuve/Bollinger then onto the Moet and you won't tell the difference anyway ;).

still tastes like a chem lab experiment though :p

when we sorted the champagne for our wedding the Bellagio sent me the list , how does $950 a bottle for Cristal sound ( being the USA you can add another 25% for tax and tip onto that ) we settled for an assortment of Veuve and Mumm at $90 a bottle in the end :p

Suspended
Rotty said:
still tastes like a chem lab experiment though :p

when we sorted the champagne for our wedding the Bellagio sent me the list , how does $950 a bottle for Cristal sound ( being the USA you can add another 25% for tax and tip onto that ) we settled for a mix of Veuve and Mumm at $90 a bottle in the end :p
Ah, but the rappers drink it so it must be good!

(The rosé isn't that bad though, from the glass I've had).

Don
OP
Nozzer said:
It will be, but it's on a par with Dom P in my brief experience, which is 1/3rd of the price.

I know a nice restaurant where , when you get the sorbet between starter and main course , they pour dom pom on it :D

Suspended
Rotty said:
I know a nice restaurant where , when you get the sorbet between starter and main course , they pour dom pom on it :D
As it should be! :D

A £25 a sorbet assuming four of you though does have the words 'liberty' and 'taking' rushing to mind though :).

Don
OP
Nozzer said:
As it should be! :D

A £25 a sorbet assuming four of you though does have the words 'liberty' and 'taking' rushing to mind though :).

the sorbet was free ( i think ) but the bill for 4 came to £550 :eek: :p

Suspended
Rotty said:
the sorbet was free ( i think ) but the bill for 4 came to £550 :eek: :p
Ahh, you didn't notice the £100 coffees then? :p

This thread makes me want to dive in to the wine 'cellar' and dig out the remnants of the case of Bollinger that arrived at Christmas :(.

Soldato
Stellios said:
How much would they be to buy? i always thought Bollinger was expensive? Or have i been watching too many 007 movies :p

Cheap bollinger can be bought around 60 quid a bottle, any vintage year will be over 100, but like all things it depends on where you buy them from.

KaHn

Soldato
Bottle of Cava for me....... Tastes like lemonade and only £2.99 a bottle.

The wife loves it too....& very nice in a white sangria.

Can't see the big deal with champers.....Its like gold / diamonds....Only it doesn't last ;)

Back
Top Bottom