Feek's broken arm thread (now with plate, pins and screws x-ray, staples/wound and tongue surgery)

Commissario
Walking home from a friend's house last night, I tripped on a pothole and went down like a sack of proverbial spuds. My right arm took the brunt of my fall although I think my head must have bounced on the round as well. I've got lacerations on my chin and a huge cut on my tongue where I bit it.

I laid there for a bit, unable to get up. It's good to know that the fall detection feature of my watch kicked in and it wanted to call the emergency services but I stopped it. With hindsight, perhaps I should have let it make the call but we all know what us blokes are like and I didn't have any idea how badly hurt I was.

Some passers by stopped to help and a few minutes later, a Police car stopped. They checked me over, got me in their car and brought me home.

Mrs. Feek and LMF took me to A&E which thankfully wasn't busy. I was checked over and given an x-ray which showed my upper right arm (humerus) is broken in "at least" four places. We got back home at around 05:30 this morning.

Because of where it is, it can't be plastered so I've got to keep my arm in a sling for six weeks for it to heal. The doctor described this as a very bad break.

zW8Ia4a.jpeg

I can't drive and I'll be talking to the doctor tomorrow for a certificate.

This is not a medical thread. I'm not asking for advice, just saying "ow, it hurts".

Soldato
Looks bad mate.. A bit of rest time for you.. I've never broken a bone however I have ripped my tendons in 3 of my fingers which was painful enough... What made it worse was the fact I didn't realise it was that bad and I rode my motorbike home and it happened to be my left hand that I damaged, so constantly using the clutch was very uncomfortable

Back
Top Bottom