Feek's broken arm thread (now with plate, pins and screws x-ray, staples/wound and tongue surgery)

Commissario
OP
The staples have been removed. There were 29 of them holding this together :eek:

Images are spoilered in case anyone is squeamish but they're very clean, dry and not weeping.

BOU026T.jpeg

U4XtrhV.jpeg

Soldato
Every time the metal detector goes off in the airport you’re now at liberty to flex your arm and make a comment about your guns being dangerous.
Hope it’s all healing well. Do all the physio.

Soldato
Those staples look brutal.

Why are they considered better than stiches??

(I could imagine that they may be more hygienic and easier to apply, But they do nevertheless look a bit Mary Shelley :eek:)

Commissario
Admit it, they're not for "the drawer" you've realised they're the right size to use as jumpers in your radio setup, we're on to you:p

Those pics look nasty, glad it seems to be healing ok, hopefully it's going as well under the skin as on the surface.

Permabanned
The nurse said that they're a lot easier, quicker and cleaner to fit and much easier to remove.

I had a load of staples put in my head when it got cracked and I was honestly expecting them to come at me with something that looked like it was bought from B&Q. Felt so good getting them removed though and finally being able to scratch my head or towel off after a shower without catching them and tugging at them.

Caporegime
Good luck today McFeekington, hope it all goes well mate <3

I'm sure I've mentioned this before but just remember if anyone asks, you were saving children from a burning orphanage.

Soldato
The nurse said that they're a lot easier, quicker and cleaner to fit and much easier to remove.

I asked to keep them as well so they'll go in 'the drawer' :D
My surgeon said they’re great and the end of a long surgery when they’re tired as they can just fire them in really quickly. I nearly said you can tell but I wasn’t sure how good her sense of humour was lol.

Commissario
OP
A month after the surgery and this is what it looks like now.

mteDkxt.jpeg

It's been two weeks since the staples were removed. The incision is healing nicely and I'm slowly getting movement back. It's a slow process and I'm still off work although I hope to back in a couple of weeks time. I'm still on the opiate based painkillers though so no alcohol for me just yet.

I'm finally starting to sleep a bit better but that's partly down to the tablets I've been given to help knock me out at bedtime. I'm now managing to get a couple of hours at a time if I'm lucky which is a massive improvement over the half hour stretches I was getting before.

The pain and dull ache is still there though but considering the state my arm was in, that's not too surprising. I'm seeing the surgeon again on the 31st where he'll take a new X-ray and see how it's all going inside.

I've had a bone density scan and that's normal and I'm waiting for a referral for my tongue which I'm fairly sure will need surgery. I've also got some nerve tests in ten days or so to try and find out why my right thigh is still numb, all this time after the fall.

All in all, things are much more positive than they were when I last posted.

Back
Top Bottom