Feel Three Virtual Reality Simulator

Soldato
It's a nice idea, but, it's an ugly thing, it's very expensive and will need a lot of space!! And you don't even get a seat.

Associate
OP
It's a nice idea, but, it's an ugly thing, it's very expensive and will need a lot of space!! And you don't even get a seat.

You won't see it with your headset on...my mancave is only 2.5m square so it's too big for me sadly. Lottery win this weekend and I might rethink lol

Soldato
Wish I had a) the space, and b) the cash to get this. Looks amazing!

Be aware that this doesn't work for the Rift yet as they've not worked out how to do motion cancellation on the Rift (though you could just mount a single sensor to it I suppose).

Soldato
Been following this for a while.

Circumstances of changed which means I can no longer get one, but I was super keen when this first got announced.

Just for this range of motion alone really :D

DUVLkm0X4AImgZT.jpg

https://www.patreon.com/posts/prett...ial&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=postshare

Be aware that this doesn't work for the Rift yet as they've not worked out how to do motion cancellation on the Rift (though you could just mount a single sensor to it I suppose).

That's been a solved problem for quite some time: https://twitter.com/FeelThree/status/935578896275255297

Works identically to the Vive but instead of having the option to use a HTC Tracking puck as a dedicated unit attached to the device for motion cancelation they have a removable attachment for a Rift controller.

Same option with a Vive wand if I recall.

Soldato
I would gladly get one if I had the space... it's only a couple of RTX 2080Ti's ;)

Only thing this is really lacking imo is the ability to move you in the Z axis. You need to be able to jolt yourself up and down to properly simulate bumps in the road or turbulence in flight. You could mount the whole thing on a lifting platform, but it would only really be correct when you are level - might be good enough though. Decent transducers could perhaps simulate it well enough too, but not as good as a proper Z axis. That said, I think for the money this would provide an amazing experience and it's the first one I've seen that looks like it has great range of motion and a non-ridiculous price. Would love to have a go!

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Damn, my "study" is pretty damn small and also happens to be our spare room.
Looks like I have to workout how to replace the current bed with a fold up unit...

Soldato
I would gladly get one if I had the space... it's only a couple of RTX 2080Ti's ;)

Only thing this is really lacking imo is the ability to move you in the Z axis. You need to be able to jolt yourself up and down to properly simulate bumps in the road or turbulence in flight. You could mount the whole thing on a lifting platform, but it would only really be correct when you are level - might be good enough though. Decent transducers could perhaps simulate it well enough too, but not as good as a proper Z axis. That said, I think for the money this would provide an amazing experience and it's the first one I've seen that looks like it has great range of motion and a non-ridiculous price. Would love to have a go!

You're talking about Heave, and it's listed under the vision / future addons bit:

Heave: Everyone wants to go up and down, and so do we. A heave add on will likely be our first major upgrade to the simulator. There is a lot of space beneath the battlestation to add it, but lots of work still to be done since it changes the center of gravity. We’re pretty sure it can be done though, watch this space!

Soldato
I knew it had a term! Thanks.

Good to see they are considering addressing it - as mentioned if I had the space I would have bought this already. Perhaps in a few years if I manage to get a bigger house by then :)

Soldato
I imagine the motion sickness would be at maximum level with that thing.

Actually the opposite, I think this would reduce the motion sickness. The main reason for motion sickness in VR is that your eyes are telling the brain that you are moving, but, the body isn't and for some people that causes nausea. With this, when you move in the VR game, you move in real life too, so your eyes and body are in harmony and your brain doesn't throw a wobbly :p:D

Soldato
I've just found this and thinking about getting one.
I've shown it to 5 people and they all thought it would cost £20,000+.
Space is a big big big issue, as in I don't have any space, but god damn it feels like the gaming deal of the decade most probably.
The issue is I don't really play any games which I can envisage taking advantage of it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the website seems total up at £3,500 for the entire package which really is an excellent deal still.

Soldato
Correct me if I'm wrong but the website seems total up at £3,500 for the entire package which really is an excellent deal still.

£3999 for the full simulator. £399 for a cut down version of just the vibrating adjustable cockpit!

Still a lot of money for a niche product. Ooooo just read the Updates section people not happy at all !

Read the "Comments" its 6-8 months behind schedule.
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...irtual-reality-motion-simulator/posts/2716679

Back
Top Bottom