1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Female phone needed :p

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by vail3r, 1 Jun 2010.

1. vail3r

Hitman

The G/F want's a new phone. I have just ordered the HTC Desire.. She likes it but want's something smaller and maybe slightly cheaper.

I have come accross the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini Pro, it seems pretty good for the money. Is there any other suggestions before i buy it?

2. Amp34

Caporegime

The HTC Tattoo and the new one that just came out? I know HTC have done a few smaller phones recently so maybe worth checking out. There's also a small HD2 I think.

3. Slinky1989

Mobster

HTC wildfire is due in a couple of weeks, essentially it's a mini desire and comes in a range of colours, give it a quick google :)

4. chaparral

Capodecina

+1

That looks a perfect mobile for the lady (Shame it don't have a higher res screen :()

[​IMG]

Last edited: 2 Jun 2010
  5. Robbo

Capo Crimine

iPhone. Ultimate female phone.

Although they might be a bit insulted, as it can't multi-task... (or cook and clean for that matter)

;)

6. Locke

Soldato

I thought girls liked their Blackberry's?

If not then this...

.. nail, hit, head! :D

7. chaparral

Capodecina

Just make sure which ever phone you choose has a crazy long battery life..

As females seem to like spend all day on the phone..

8. Clipsey

Soldato

Palm Pre? My wife got this phone earlier in the year and loves it.

9. "andy"

Capodecina

tell her to go try some

really like the look of the x10 mini in vids but it could possibly be too small

10. Redmelo

Gangster

Not very good if she intends to text/email a lot. The keyboard it really lousy.

11. RSR

Sgarrista

Have you tried one? I wasn't aware the X10 Mini Pro was out yet.

Id suggest a X10 Mini or Mini Pro :D

12. BF-Bert

Wise Guy

Haven't you owned all 3 iphones??? ;)

13. Yas786

Caporegime

LOL same here...most if not all my female friends have blackberries now...eay to pick up and just text away.

14. wellibob

Mobster

Is it me, or do all the blackberry keyboard phones look like they were made for a 2 year old !!

15. reflux

Capodecina

The interface is what gets me. It's all pixellated and low res, looks like its from 10 years ago.

16. Yas786

Caporegime

Just you;)

17. Robbo

Capo Crimine

I have all 3 iPhones, only because it gives me sufficient ammunition to rip the iPhone for being the god awful ripoff of a phone that it is, without people saying I haven't used one :)

As I have said before, they are good for a simple and basic phone/media device.

It was a nice phone, until Android showed it up for being really terrible :p

18. osc89er

Wise Guy

It's not.

It's closer to a Hero or Legend and only looks like a Desire. The CPU is 528MHz vs same for Hero vs 600MHz for Legend vs better and faster Desire 1Ghz.

The screen is half the res of the Hero, the camera is 5MP like the Desire. The one thing the Wildfire has on the Hero hardware is that it has more RAM.

19. Redmelo

Gangster

Yea, I've done some testing on it. Overall its a nice mini android device.. but in the end we decided not to sell it. Its just too small to really use android to its full potential.

20. Slinky1989

Mobster

I was simplifying things quite drastically to be fair, didn't want to get too technical when the party in question (i.e. woman) couldn't care less :p

Although, I will throw my hands up and admit, that yes I was technically incorrect, but how are you gunna explain it to them when you say "it's pretty much a nicer looking htc hero with a different screen res and slower cpu" - "but it looks like a smaller desire, wtf?" - *head -> table* :p