Female singers

Associate
Sia
Norah Jones
Roisin Murphy

I can't believe someone beat me to put down Gemma Hayes to the list. She's immense! I would like to marry her. If not, then just stalk her. Imogen Heap's pretty cool as well.

Soldato
Sic said:
she might well be, but i believe she's the singer in Melissa Auf Der Maur (ex Hole bassist iirc, though)

And smashing pumpkins, did the bass on either the machina album, or just the tour, she's in the vid for everlasting gaze.

Associate
j00ni said:
Aimee Mann is by far my favourite female vocalist, although not fronting a band per se she is awesome.

She did front a band at the start of her career - Til Tuesday.

Very different from her latest solo stuff, but if you listen to all her albums in chronological order you can really see how her sound has evolved without there ever being a huge change in sound from album to album.

Had the good fortune to meet her a couple of times, and she's a really nice person as well.

Man of Honour
Jewel is very very good at what she does, although her modern stuff is a bit too overproduced, poppy and mainstream.

Sarah Mclachlan has a good voice - there's more to her than the sample on "silence" by Delerium. "Sweet Surrender" is a beautiful track.

A lot of people like Tori Amos - again, "Professional Widow" is not a good indication of the stuff she normally does

Oh, and I'm not a big fan of her style of music, but Mariah Carey has an undeniably excellent voice.

Associate
BoomAM said:
I havnt heard her CDs, but Gemma Haze is good live, (she was a support act for Athlete).

It's Hayes. Yeah she's great live & on record and such a beauty! Her latest album's very accesible and showcases her voice whereas her first album is very disjoint and a lot darker in a great way.

Back
Top Bottom