Fergie 4 the sack???

Man of Honour
didnt oneil win the FA cup or Worthingtons a time or two at leicester as well ?

not sure about this but I thought that was how they got into europe a time or two ?

Man of Honour
Originally posted by memphisto
didnt oneil win the FA cup or Worthingtons a time or two at leicester as well ?

not sure about this but I thought that was how they got into europe a time or two ?

Think they did the League Cup.

They certainly did well in it every season, whether they won it or not I don't know. Think they had three final apps in a row didn't they?

Soldato
I dont think leicester was that terrible, i just think he has been so overrated by some people, im not saying he is bad manager just saying he is not as great as some make it out

they won the worthington cup i think

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Jazz
I dont think leicester was that terrible, i just think he has been so overrated by some people, im not saying he is bad manager just saying he is not as great as some make it out

they won the worthington cup i think

Tell me who would have made it into another side from Leicester?

They had Flowers, Taggart and the other thumper at the back, Savage in the middle and Heskey up front. and they were the GOOD players!

Man of Honour
I see two things happening with O'neil

He will become one of the greatest managers ever given the resources and backing of a club like Man utd

or he will fail badly.

I persoanally think he is good enough to do the first option.

Soldato
he would also replace keane and put lennon there :D (sorry that was just to tempting :p )

i still think fergie is much better than him and u would make a big mistake to replace him, but hey i would like u to replace him ;)

Gilly, might sound like a stupid question but im sure u will know the answer, what does Taggart mean? Ive heard loads of people call fergie it but i dont know what it means, someone told me its was a show and the bloke was called taggart looked like fergie is that right?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Originally posted by Jazz

Gilly, might sound like a stupid question but im sure u will know the answer, what does Taggart mean? Ive heard loads of people call fergie it but i dont know what it means, someone told me its was a show and the bloke was called taggart looked like fergie is that right?

Aye, I was talking about Taggart the big Leicester centre-half, but when talking about Fergie its cos he looks like Taggart (from the TV show Taggart). He was scottish, had a big red nose and drank too much wine. And had a temper.

fits the bill
icon14.gif

Associate
Originally posted by Afterlife
According to some newspapers today if Man U end up trophyless again this season Ferguson will be asked to step down by the PLC.

Personally i feel that this probably would happen especially with the words coming out of Kenyon the last few days.

We would probably be right to do this, begrundingly yes due to what the guy has done for the club but for the good of the future of the club it would have to be done. We arent progressing under him and after matches at OT countless opposition fans after tell me that we just arent the same team anymore, and they are right. All good things must come to an end.

Question is, who do you get to replace one of the most sucessful managers in English football history? They would have a massive shadow on them and they would have to clear out a number of players to be able to install his own will on the club.

I think we are still within a very good chance of CL glory if we get a good draw in a few weeks time but with the choices most likely to be Inter, Real Madrid or Valencia it doesnt look too good there. I personally dont think any british team will make it past the semis.

The league, realistically barring a nightmare run of form by Arsenal they will retain the premiership and worthy of it too.

I cant believe everyone has taken this guy seriously, he's surely a wind up merchant. Is this the same Alex Ferguson who is the one of the most successful managers in football history? I suppose Giggs, Keane, Beckham and Veron should all be offloaded too?

And you call us "Man U". You truly are a prize glory hunter mate.

Soldato
OP
im 10 year season ticket holder.

you should actually get to know people before you make comments like that. The people on here, who have got to know me would know that ive been going to watch Man U play back in the days when we languished in the bottom half of the table.

Ive never been saying i want him sacked. Im was just reporting something out of the press and seeing what people think about it. Its the board that will make the decision whether he stays or goes in the summer. Ill support whatever that decision is, if they think Sir Alex can turn the rather appalling lack of fight and heart in a number of our players around next season then great.

So back ya comment up. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Fergie is one of the few "unsackable" managers along with the likes of Dario Grady, Bobby Robson and possibly Wenger who practically has a job for life. The only way I can see him being pushed (and it would most likely be upstairs rather than out the door) is by a combination of off the field incidents (dressing room bust-ups, letting too many cats out the bag to the sunday papers etc) and failure to secure silverware. So by that reckoning, I guess he is at a big a risk as he has been for over 10 years. However bear in mind he is only in the first year of a 3 year contract, and I'm sure its quite a juicy one too which would cost a few quid to pay up.

IF (and it's a big if) he were to leave, I think they would have to look overseas for a replacement of high enough calibre. Robson and Wenger have the talent, but Robson would be viewed as too old and unlilely to leave Newcastle, while Wenger wouldn't be so foolish as to quit on all the hard work he has put in at arsenal. Most of the up-and-coming young managers mentioned above like Strachan, Moyes and Curbishley just haven't had enough success yet. Personally I don't think people like Moyes could handle the big stars at Man Utd anyway. The only englishman I can see taking the job would be Steve Mclaren going back to his roots. Expand that to British managers and George Graham and Martin O'Neill enter the frame.

Man of Honour
Be worth it to see him take over, sell Beckham and replace him with Ray Parlour.

edit: oh and he would bring in about 5 new centre halves and teach united how to defend and play offside

Soldato
Originally posted by HangTime
Be worth it to see him take over, sell Beckham and replace him with Ray Parlour.

edit: oh and he would bring in about 5 new centre halves and teach united how to defend and play offside

Parlour is class mate :D

Caporegime
we require a manager from italy, where they know how to defend, and where they know who the good players are cos they see them play every sunday afternoon

how many big big stars could o'niel with virtually no connections or someone like capello, who may know shevchenko, or whoever and be able to "persuade" him better ?

we require the best players, not the best value for money players.

Back
Top Bottom