Few pics from French Car Show

GT3

GT3

Soldato
Good show, I was there bloody early (proof will be when the FCS photos go online, I was the 5th in the public car park!). Fun convoying down with a load of other chaps and getting blatently lost because they were following me! Oh and did anyone else get as sunburnt as me!!

NathanE said:
There was but all the ones I saw had been Max Powah'd :/

The were a couple of nice standardish looking ones, and the high power beasts were on track :p And the rest including mine were just in the public car park because they were too standard looking to go on stand really.

Didn't take any pics but I liked that Clio 182 in liquid yellow with grey turinis, looked great, PGTI's battleship grey R5 GTT was amazing and ecosses stealth red 205 GTI which looks standard but has a 300bhp T16 in it and the blue saxo vts on polished vts rims and a c2 vts engine on throttle bodies which was parked next to that yellow 106 on black wheels.

Oh and 3 yellow 106 GTIs were nice. Dan Beadles which you took a pic of on the black multispokes, Simon Berrys on the Carworx stand with over 250bhp supercharged and throttle bodied, and the one on the saxo sports club stand with carbon bonnet and boot with standard wheels but has bics old 205bhp naturally aspirated lump in it, not bad for a 1.6. Strange that all these three were on track with the saxos and hung round with the saxo lot too. Probably due to the stuck up ******** nature of the pug clubs :p

The other two 106's im talking about:
FCS06818-vi.jpg

FCS06330-vi.jpg

And what was with the exige and the ariel atom on track, its the FRENCH CAR SHOW. And the Ariel atom had a crap driver, he kept holding FMP up off the saxosportsclub in his new clio 182:

FCS06948-vi.jpg

And the noble got overtaken on the straight by the 200bhp yellow 106!

GT3

GT3

Soldato
Genuine 405 T16 for penski:

FCS06962-vi.jpg

More proof for Fox:

FCS061151-vi.jpg

Matt showing a clio 172 whos boss:

FCS06152-vi.jpg

SLAAAG, standard VTS engine suprised a lot of clio 172s

FCS061121-vi.jpg

Proof that not all the Saxos were "max powered":

BhamMidletter2ndpage029.jpg

Associate
for those guys that went, did you see the 2 clio v6's on the Ktec racing stand. They had what looked like twin engines, is this right or are they rear engined anyway??

It was just the fact that there were no rear seats, but had a massive engine sat behind a perspex window.

Permabanned
slothmeister said:
fair do's, so what have they done differently to these ones than the other standard v6's, didn't have the guts to ask.

Nothing - all Clio V6s have the engine in the middle.

*n

Soldato
slothmeister said:
fair do's, so what have they done differently to these ones than the other standard v6's, didn't have the guts to ask.

One was running a huge shot of giggle gas and was on throttle bodies. The other was running a track spec lump by the looks of things - Le man jobby.

GT3

GT3

Soldato
Yeah forgot about those, the one on throttle bodies sounded MEAN! The other one I didn't hear fire up but looked beasty! For some reason one had an amp in the back, like you could hear any stereo over those engines :p

Permabanned
GT3 said:
Yeah forgot about those, the one on throttle bodies sounded MEAN!

They have throttle bodies as standard :/

Unless, in a fit of engineering pique so beloved by the french, they've resorted to using a bair of 1 1/2" SUs...

Do you mean ITBs?

If so - I think two banks of Triumph Speed Triple TBs would be rather sexual...

*n

Permabanned
Mic said:
Iv never heard of fake roll cages. Are these the new 'in' thing?
What are they exactly?

A single hoop behind the front seats and bars angling down behind that. They rarely tie in to the chassis nevermind the suspension pick up points...

Basically, a 'half cage' that is either not located or bolted in, is not FIA/MSA-legal and usually has no diagonals (and quite often is just bits of shiny pipe connected by bolts/hinges...)

*n

Soldato
Mic said:
Iv never heard of fake roll cages. Are these the new 'in' thing?
What are they exactly?

Yep, basically a big piece of chromed scaffolding pipe that fixes in the rear of your car, connect to the seat belt mounting points and the diagonal rests on the back seat. More likely to kill you in an accident than save you though.

GT3

GT3

Soldato
Burned_Alive said:
What, the one with the fake roll cage? :p

Yes I know it had a dimma show cage, which would do more harm than good in a crash. I was just saying on the whole, that row of saxos were quite tastefully done rather than some of the abortions that were once fairly decent cars.

penski said:
Do you mean ITBs?

Yes don't be so bloody pedantic man :p

Back
Top Bottom