1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Few pics of my i7 rig

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by setter, 23 Sep 2009.

1. setter

Caporegime

Just completed my i7 build and took a few pics along the way. Spec is.

I7 920 DO
    Asus p6t dlx v2
    6 gb ocz reaper 1600 cl7.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few things left to do, such as braiding the wires on my fan controller and the fans themselves in black (not to keen on the white) and a few black sata cables.

2. NeoVo

Hitman

Looks very nice. Love the removable tray on that case, wasnt aware that it had one.

3. setter

Caporegime

Thanks, the removable tray is certainly very handy when it comes to assembling the system, though mine did tend to vibrate a little, so i had to insert a small rubber strip on the top rail that the tray slides along to cure this.

4. DavyBoy

Mobster

You could always just braid your SATA data cables instead of buying black ones..

I have horrid yellow ones in my case atm, but I have just ordered a bunch of braid and heatshrink so I can sleeve all of my SATA cables, front panel wires, and some of my fans.

I'm thinking about doing the individual wire sleeving on my PCIE, 8 pin and 24 pin PSU cables, although from what I have seen it is meant to be a real PITA..

I might just buy the extensions and sleeve those instead of my PSU's cables, should be easier that way!!!

Can you not route your PCIe cables down between the mobo tray and side panel then pull them through one of those holes in the mobo tray and then connect them to your GFX?

It makes things much tidier doing it like this imo.

Same with all the unused cables, just tuck them down there out of the way to.

I like those fans mate, they look really nice. :)

5. nutter

Gangster

That case looks horrible(no offence), by any chance what is it called, not one i seen before.

6. setter

Caporegime

The cable holes on the mobo tray arent great tbh mate, theyre ok for sata cables but any cables from the psu are a pita to get through, fans davy are sharkoon silent eagle se's, currently ran via pwm, they feature a modular cable system enabling them to run on various voltage or pwm cables.

Its an akasa eclipse 62, actually quite a well known case, certainly no looker but it is a good no frills case, perhaps getting on a bit now as the design is rather old.

7. Nocky24

Mobster

Very nice mate, what are you aiming to clock your i7 to?

8. nutter

Gangster

Thanks Setter:)

9. setter

Caporegime

Cheers guys. 4ghz would be nice, anything else would be a bonus, got to do a bit of reading up on i7 clocking. Seems a bit more complex than my previous q6600 and q9550 on p5q deluxe, got 3.8ghz from those 2 cpu's with a bit of tweaking.

10. ThorpedoUK

Hitman

Nice dude, likeing that alot - makes me look forward to ordering my new rig, but cant til payday! (5870 prob wont be back in stock til then anyways! - next week)

11. Nocky24

Mobster

Sweet what spec you looking at getting? :) i can't decide to be honest apart from the obvious new 58xx gpus.

12. Farore

Gangster

Nice rig, Tom. ;)

13. coolur

Associate

Nice Rig & Case!

Hi M8

Nice job on the new i7 upgrade.

I have the akasa eclipse 62 case and I have to say the picture does not do it much justice and I reckon the case does look pretty good in the flesh, its well made and not over the top.

Would appreciate your thoughts on the Asus mobo as I am still undecided between the Gigabyte x58-UD5 and the Asus P6T Deluxe V2, hoping the Asus mobo is stable for you and trouble free.

Regards

Coolur

14. magick

Mobster

nice build. is that a Prolimatech Megahalems cpu cooler?

15. Th3D0n

Wise Guy

Nice but it been better in an antec 600 or 1200 case!!

16. C64

Capodecina

Last edited: 25 Sep 2009
  17. ichigotowar

Gangster

nice rig, mobo tray always useful.. wish i had one :(

18. RJC

Don

Nice setup :)

I think it's the TRUE black. Could be wrong though :p:eek:

19. Coldzero

Hitman