FFXI on Xbox 360

Soldato
hey,

im sorry if this has been asked and an answer given before but ive tried google and i just get a load of immature forums full of arguments about the answer.

Q: has there been any official release information on wether FFXI will still require the monthly subscription on top of live subscription??

the £10 a month put me off FFXI on the PC and although isnt going to break the bank, i dont want to have to pay a monthly fee to play just one game ontop of a broadband charge and xbox live membership.... i think £25+ a month on being able to play a game is a bit over the top [maybe im just cheap]

Soldato
I assume it would cost more on top of the xbox live subscription. Otherwise people that play it on other platforms might ditch it and switch to xbox since that way they pay about the same amount for access to other games as well. None of which goes to the makers of the game except the initial cost of buying the game.

Still if I'm wrong I'd be pleasantly surprised :)

Soldato
yea tbh i was thinking about this when the beta disk was being released, as £40 a year is peanuts compared with the £60+ that PC and PS2 users pay. i think they probably will include a fee ontop of the xbox live fee.

Permabanned
Guild wars is free true, but it's not really a MMORPG.

The only way I think it will be subscription free on the 360 is if it's an M$ product, as they already have the servers, our LIVE fees etc.

Be interesting to see how they do it with Huxley, which isn't an RPG, more an MMO like planetside.

Associate
From the official FAQ http://www.playonline.com/betaus/faq.html

Q. Does it cost money to join PlayOnline and Xbox Live?

A. The "Silver Membership" service for Xbox Live is free, and subscribing to the fee based "Gold Membership" will allow complete access to all Xbox Live services. Subscribing to either of these services will allow you to play FINAL FANTASY XI. PlayOnline membership and participation in the FINAL FANTASY XI beta test is free of charge. For more information on Xbox Live services, please go to the Official Xbox 360 Homepage.

Permabanned
Yeah GW is good, but compare it to any 'real' mmorpg and its severely lacking in content, world size etc.

Not putting GW down, I used to play it its fun, for a short time.

Soldato
jklc said:
From the official FAQ http://www.playonline.com/betaus/faq.html

Q. Does it cost money to join PlayOnline and Xbox Live?

A. The "Silver Membership" service for Xbox Live is free, and subscribing to the fee based "Gold Membership" will allow complete access to all Xbox Live services. Subscribing to either of these services will allow you to play FINAL FANTASY XI. PlayOnline membership and participation in the FINAL FANTASY XI beta test is free of charge. For more information on Xbox Live services, please go to the Official Xbox 360 Homepage.
I was thinking that might be the case. So basically FFXI and Xbox live are seperate money-wise. Ie. You don't need to pay for Xbox live if you only want FFXI.

Associate
Psyk said:
I was thinking that might be the case. So basically FFXI and Xbox live are seperate money-wise. Ie. You don't need to pay for Xbox live if you only want FFXI.

Thats correct. FFXI is not an Xbox LIVE enabled game, and doesn't use any of the LIVE service. As soon as you load up the game it goes through Square-Enix own servers.

Associate
yea they use playonline viewer or whatever its called and may I just add that installing FFXI beta on my x360 was the biggest waste of 3 hours of my life ever.

Back
Top Bottom