Fiat 500 Abarth - any opinions?

Soldato
Haven't driven one, but I did sit in one (if it helps). The interior is seriously cramped... Well at least if you're a "larger" gentleman.

Caporegime
I'm 6ft 3", and don't have an issue with them.

adjust the seat height at the back of the base to the floor and its ok.

they got lots of grip in the corners with a nice weight to the steering.

ride comfort is fine on decent roads.

and without the performance pack, will pull 1bar of boost with the sports button ingaged.

being made in eastern europe(poland if I remember the stickers plastered on them) they do vary a bit in quality. some come through with the boost controller not working, so are completely gutless.

the brakes are more than up to the job.

Soldato
You can get the Punto Abarth for the same cash on an 09 plate, and it might be mildly more practical in terms of size.

Otherwise I think the 500 Abarth is kinda attractive.

Soldato
I got a more positive response in my thread: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18100682

Not the Abarth, but personally I think you get a lot of small car for your money.

It all depends on whether you count style. If you do, a FIAT 500 is bags of car for the cash, especially compared to the Mini, and the Abarth 500 is also bags of car for the cash compared to the Cooper S. If you don't count style then it isn't bags of car for the cash, but a Panda is.

Hitman
Soldato
I love the two Abarths. Looking to possibly get one for my next car but can't decide which I'd like. The 500 Abarth in my opinion looks better, but the Abarth GP has bags more room inside. I've got a GP now so I enjoy the room inside.

Back
Top Bottom