Fidget Spinners (and other toys) Thread [Image heavy]

Soldato
Fidget toys are probably one of my favourite things at the moment, I have a few different things on my desk at work to keep my idle hands busy and to stop fiddling with pens or whatever else I can get my hands on. They're also claimed to be good to help with anxiety, autism and ADHD.

Fidget Spinners -

These have only became a thing within the last 4 months and are my personal favourite fidget toy. They're a ball bearing which can be ceramic, hybrid or steel and surrounded by a body of metal (Copper, Brass, Stainless steel, Titanium) or plastic. These range from relatively cheap to insanely expensive. What do you do with them? Just spin them of course, and these things spin for ages if you get a good one (4 minutes +).

Spinners:
(I've selected one spinner from each company, for the most part they have a few different ones to buy)

Spinetic - Ranges from $34 - $39
eCDOVla.jpg

NobleSpin - Ranges from $39 - $99
2hPvQiP.jpg

Torqbar - Ranges from $139 - $199
(Highly regarded Chinese knock offs can be had for $17 from www.3Fvape.com)
mE0Hjgd.jpg

Spinner.vn (Hyperstone) - £64
OCsmda4.jpg

Rotablade - Ranges from £95 - £165
GzzBj9w.jpg

Flyaway Toys - Ranges from $35 - $119
wIRD6T0.jpg

NTO Designs - Ranges from $52 - $149
2F2NQ8G.jpg

Goldundmesserschmiede - 149,00 €
oh02Z37.jpg

2rdesigns - Ranges from $50 - $85
eql6g6R.jpg

RPM Corp - Ranges from $55 - $100
785DhJh.jpg

Fidget This - Ranges from £32 - £45
HJ8TlxT.jpg

Zerofued - Ranges from $55 - $180
bd3UX06.jpg

FromRussiaWithKnives - $173
LmPMOdo.jpg

3D Printed spinners -
These come in all shapes and sizes, and range from £15 - £50 on Etsy.

Other fidget toys:

Fidget Cube -
https://www.antsylabs.com/products/fidget-cube

Lots of people will have heard of this, a cube where each side has a different thing to use to keep your hands busy by clicking, gliding, flipping, breathing, rolling & spinning.

Fidget Rings -
https://www.etsy.com/uk/market/fidget_ring

These are all over Etsy, some cheap, some very expensive. A ring you wear which has twistable things around the outside of it. A lot more discreet than the cube and other fidget toys.

Fidget Chains -
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chain-Fidget-Autism-Stress-Hands/dp/B01N1WEHE1

This fidget toy is relatively inexpensive, made from a bike chain normally with loops going through it. Haven't tried one of these yet, however it gets really good reviews.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Great thread, I was considering whether to buy a fidget spinner or a spinning top after seeing them on Massdrop. Yet another expensive pointless hobby I'm getting into :D

Soldato
OP
Wow that is some expensive pointlessness

Pointless to a degree, they can help with anxiety and they're something else to fiddle with at your desk, I'm terrible for doing it at work, pens, paper clips, notepads, anything. Some are really damn expensive but others aren't bad price wise (Spinetic and the Chinese rip-off torqbar).

Great thread, I was considering whether to buy a fidget spinner or a spinning top after seeing them on Massdrop. Yet another expensive pointless hobby I'm getting into :D

Definitely worth getting a cheap one first (Spinetic and the Chinese rip-off torqbar), since I got my Noblespin Vantage I haven't put it down.

Commissario
This thread would benefit greatly from spoiler tags for images, as is customary...
No, they're really not needed. If there were spoiler tags, then I doubt many people would bother to click on them. It's about time we got back to using spoiler tags for their initial purpose, to avoid posting spoilers! The clue is in the name :)

I was finding this quite interesting until I saw the prices. Crazy bonkersness!

Soldato
OP

D3K

D3K

Soldato
OP posted in the "Images of things i purchased", got some attention, made a post about it.

I find it interesting. I don't fidget as much as I used to but it's very noticeable when I do.

Soldato
OP
Op has some investment in the company... Or maybe just ADHD fidgety?

These are all by different companies, I picked my favourite one from each company to give an idea of the range of them. But most of them have a few others to choose from. So definitely just fidgety!

Out of interest, what's so terrible about fiddling with things like pens, paper clips, notepads etc?

Nothing is wrong with it at all, just these fidget toys are more fun to fiddle with than pens.

Back
Top Bottom