1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiesta ST 2.0 thoughts

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Kraven, 5 Jun 2010.

1. Kraven

Gangster

Hey guys,

Looking at getting a new car and have been eyeing up the Fiesta ST 2.0, its got a 11000 miles and its 2 years old, I've inspected the car and it looks good as new but its going for £8795, its also black and hasn't got the huge stripes going down the front of it which is a bonus.

Just want some thoughts about the car whether its worth it or if there's something better I should be looking at.

2. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

For that sort of money I would be looking at a Mercedes CL600 instead. Way faster than the Fiesta. Alternatively, what about a really old Audi S3?

3. Chives

Mobster

lol fox
    197 clio? http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1760384.htm

Last edited: 5 Jun 2010
  4. peterattheboro

Capodecina

Save a few grand and put it towards insurance, fuel, brakes/tyres etc and look at a mint 182 :)

5. Kraven

Gangster

Lots of Clio love! I like the look of the 197 but its a slighter higher insurance group than the fiesta and i'm already pushing it cost wise. If I can find a decent price one near me will definitely have a look cheers. Seems no one has anything bad to say about the Fiesta ST?

6. jellybeard999

Sgarrista

The fact that it's not fast enough is the main complaint. If you're happy with the performance, it's not a bad choice, but there are better if you want a hot hatch.

7. peterattheboro

Capodecina

This.

The Corsa VXR pretty much destroys it if all you want is a small, fast hot hatch.

The Clios are much better handling cars than both aswell.

8. dean_ham

Hitman

I have had my fiesta st for 3 years and can't fault it one bit. Yeah ok it's not as fast as a Clio 182 but it wasn't built to be as fast as it. It's still 7.9 sec to 60 but it only has an insurance group of 13 and I can manage 40mpg if I drive sensibly. My st has been a very realiable car with amazing handling and good performance. Servicing costs from ford only cost around £120 and due to the engine being chain driven I haven't got to worry about replacing thebelt any time soon. I woulddef recommend onebut I'm sureyou could pick up a two or three year old one with 20-30k miles for around the 6-7k mark. I would go for something like that.

Dean

9. Relentless81

Capodecina

Its not powerfull enough compared to the competition

10. Settleddown

PermaBanned

I would pick a Clio over an ST any day :) Much better cars.

182/192

182 Would be my choice get it with the full spec, you have the money to spend so you can get the best.

11. Relentless81

Capodecina

I wouldnt say a Renault Clio is "the best" I also wouldnt say they are better just because they are more powerful there are much better choices out there

12. therubble

Hitman

Id sell you mine for 9300 and its 9000 on the clock registered black, full leather , blue tooth kit and it's a JAN 09 model.

13. Eliot

Soldato

I like them but if I had one I would get one that has had some form of mountune attention as they improve them no end power wise

also I would get the handling improved somewhat

a st 186 does 0-60 in 7 seconds dead which is like .1 seconds off a Clio and .2 of a vxr they also do a coilover upgrad. Which some of them must have

14. West

Sgarrista

My standard Cooper S destroys em'

I really don't know why Ford didn't TC them!

Clip 182... or a Cooper S maybe if you don't mind the 'so called' look thing.

15. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

Whilst on your way to Maccy D's?

16. peterattheboro

Capodecina

Sorry, forgot about the Cooper S.. probably cos I can't stand the looks :p

17. BEN_UK

Mobster

Was wondering how the Cooper S stands up to them

18. Eliot

Soldato

19. West

Sgarrista

:p

20. Will

Mobster

Try and get one with the Mountune suspension and engine upgrades if you can :) makes a heck of a difference! See this review...

http://viewer.zmags.com/showmag.php?mid=gwhpg&preview=1&_x=1#/page12/

If you buy a stock one at the very least buy a bigger bore flexi pipe and a K&N, will set you back ~£200, but the ST responds pretty well to breathing mods, it drives a lot better with these done. The difference when I changed from the stock induction setup was quite marked, and not just a case of it being louder.