Fiesta ST 2.0 thoughts

Soldato
Unfortunately it doesn't have the Sony, just the standard cd multichanger.

I'm going to hopefully take it out for a test drive tomorrow and will see what its like :)

You will no doubt, just out of interest how old are you and what insurance prices have you got?

Soldato
It's a Renault/French it will fall apart and break down after a year....Buy the Ford, enjoy it and don't worry what the Internet says ;)

Despite the fact that the internet and the motoring press in general say that the 182 is one of the best hot hatches ever made. They don't say that about the Fiesta ST ...

The 35+ page thread on 172/182's on this board alone kind of speaks for itself with how they are regarded.

I've nothing particularly against the ST, one of my friends had one. It was a good car, but I certainly wouldn't spend £8 - 9K on one.

Last edited:
Soldato
I got to be fair I hate threads like this he wants a fiesta st
that's what he would like and I can't blame him I like them myself
they look like good fun tbh

Welcome to ocuk were there are only three cars to own
a 182
a mondeo
or a m3

you would have thought heart over head decisions were banned in Britain

Associate

a 182
a mondeo
or a m3

Just want some thoughts about the car whether its worth it or if there's something better I should be looking at.

So people have recommended better cars, quite simple really!

People haven't said they're inherantly bad, just that there's a better offering out there, especially for the money he's got to spend.

Associate
OP
You will no doubt, just out of interest how old are you and what insurance prices have you got?

23, £700-900, 2yr NCB

Don't really like the st's, too chavvy for my liking.

I think with the big stripes down it can look a little bit chavish, hence going for one without those except the smaller stripes along the door edge.

I haven't driven an ST or a 182 but I would urge you to test drive both before parting with any cash. That way you can make an informed decision based on your own experiences.

I may just do that, but the looks / interior are quite off putting to me from images I've seen. Will have to see it and decide, having sat in the ST its a very nice place to be.

Soldato

a 182
a mondeo
or a m3

So you think it's advisable spending nearly £10,000 without checking out the competition first then?

Associate
OP
Well guys, took it for a test drive. Loved it and I got the price down to £8500 so I could'nt refuse also got a service thrown in to.

I tried looking for some Clios but ones on sale near me are around 5 years old with quite a bit of mileage, there was a 2 year old Clio 197 which looked pretty nice but out of my price range + insurance would be high.

Yes it may not be as fast or powerful as some alternatives but it's not just about that, it feels and looks like a brand new car and I am happy with my purchase, just have to wait a week now before I can finally get my hands on it.

Thanks for tips!

Soldato
Personally, Id take a Fiesta ST.

Looks gorgeous.

Ive only ever driven the zetec version, and it drove brilliantly. The ST can only be better, and faster :)

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16699123 said:
An Aston Martin V8 Vantage looks gorgeous.

A Ford Fiesta does not.

Useless comment.

It was obviously within restrictions. I'm not going to recommend an Aston am i? I meant its gorgeous in the same way you love your BMW. Which is obviously not gorgeous compared to a lambo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom