Fiesta ST vs Mini Cooper S

Soldato
Subjectively, I tried a Fiesta ST when it came out, took it for a test drive put my foot down and was still waiting for the power to kick in 2 weeks later. Face on the dealer said it all when I said I had a 172. Got back into my 172 ( no longer have it) and realised how slow the fiesta actually felt. I prefered a Cooper S over the 172 so the ST is way down the pile. Cooper S is quicker, better handling, higher residuals, better image, or rather it has an image and doesn't look out of place next to some £££ cars.

The ST is good value for money though and a more spacious interior. Get it with the white stripes on it though and you really won't tell the difference between it and a Dodge Viper.

Associate
Simon said:
5 years on my Parents one I believe :eek:

I think it is still on all 4 original tyres at 46k miles too :confused:

Yup. As far as I know - it's 8 years in total. £150 for 3 years when you initially purchase the car (from new) - and then £450 to add 5 years extra with the TLC XL package - which can be purchased any time between getting the car, and using up your last token :)

Caporegime
Cybershot said:
Yup. As far as I know - it's 8 years in total. £150 for 3 years when you initially purchase the car (from new) - and then £450 to add 5 years extra with the TLC XL package - which can be purchased any time between getting the car, and using up your last token :)

Bargaintastic, combined with the ace residuals it makes BMW minis a very sensible buy.

MInd you it still clunks when you turn the steering wheel :mad:

Soldato
This goes out to Spaz:

Just wanted to know how in Gods name you can afford a £12,000 car (a quick one at that),and insure it with it being in insurance group 13. Would you mind me asking how much insurance is? :D

I love the fiesta ST, looks wicked, but insurance almost made me...die when i saw it. lol

cheers

Associate
Gaygle said:
This goes out to Spaz:

Just wanted to know how in Gods name you can afford a £12,000 car (a quick one at that),and insure it with it being in insurance group 13. Would you mind me asking how much insurance is? :D

I love the fiesta ST, looks wicked, but insurance almost made me...die when i saw it. lol

cheers

I've got a decent paying job and very few outgoings and a lot of saving up for it really! For insurance I am paying £1600 with both my parents as named drivers from bell.co.uk, that's with 0ncb and 1 claim, was looking at £1200+ for more or less anything so went for the extra 400 for the ST, plus about £100 when I declared my lowering springs (not very mod friendly insurance company :( ,) conversely I was quoted £2000 for the cooper S.

Soldato
When i put cars like the ST into the insurance quotes i usually get the friendly message:

"Sorry, we cannot give this quote at this time but please be sure to call one of our friendly customer services reps..." blah blah blah.

I might give Bell a try. I'm with CIS atm, on mums insurance (she has 9+ NCB and like 40 years driving) and with a damn KA the insurance is still 800 quid (with 2 under 20 drivers on it)

Back
Top Bottom